Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Everything you need to know about banking in QuickBooks Online - Discover more
icm
Level 1

Creating a CIS invoice

I need to invoice but also include cis deduction  -  do i create 2 separate lines 1 for labour and mark it "cis labour standard"  and make another line for "cis materials"

Solved
Best answer April 30, 2020

Accepted Solutions
katherinejoyceO
QuickBooks Team

Creating a CIS invoice

Hi there, @Azzalee

Thanks for hopping into this thread. The CIS feature is only offered in our Small Business products, not in Self Employed. If you'll need to use this feature, you may consider using the QuickBooks Online subscription. 

Check out this attached article for our product pricing guide https://quickbooks.intuit.com/uk/pricing/

For more details about adding contractor/sub-contractor and CIS transactions, please refer to this article: Already using CIS in QuickBooks?.

Feel free to comment below if you have more questions. We're always happy to assist. 

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

Creating a CIS invoice

HI ian,

Thanks for reaching out.

For help in creating your CIS transactions, you can refer to our handy online article which gives you step by step instructions in creating your transactions and accounting for deductions. You can find this here.

Let me know if you have any queries. Or, if you'd like to go through this over the phone, you can call our dedicated team who will be happy to assist you. Our contact details can be found here along with our opening hours. 

dave19
Level 3

Creating a CIS invoice

the link no longer works
mrhillan
Level 1

Creating a CIS invoice

Hi ,

i cant seem to manage to make my account invoices less  CIS  any help please

JamesDuanT

Creating a CIS invoice

Hello mrhillan,

Once you set up the customer profile as a CIS contractor, QuickBooks will calculate the CIS deductions automatically.

We'll need to update the customer profile to stop QuickBooks from calculating CIS deductions. Here's how:

1. Select Sales on the left menu and go to the Customer tab.
  2. Click the customer profile and select Edit.
  3. In the Customer information window, remove the check mark in the Is CIS contractor box.
  4. Click Save.

Future invoices of the said customer will no longer be calculated for CIS deductions. You can can click here to know more about it.

You can always get back to us if you have more questions.

Azzalee
Level 1

Creating a CIS invoice

I am a sole trader and using QuickBooks self employed app. I get paid through the CIS scheme. I can’t work out how to create a invoice and take CIS deductions at 20% off to send to the company I’m sub contracting to 

katherinejoyceO
QuickBooks Team

Creating a CIS invoice

Hi there, @Azzalee

Thanks for hopping into this thread. The CIS feature is only offered in our Small Business products, not in Self Employed. If you'll need to use this feature, you may consider using the QuickBooks Online subscription. 

Check out this attached article for our product pricing guide https://quickbooks.intuit.com/uk/pricing/

For more details about adding contractor/sub-contractor and CIS transactions, please refer to this article: Already using CIS in QuickBooks?.

Feel free to comment below if you have more questions. We're always happy to assist. 

Need to get in touch?

Contact us