cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Everything you need to know about banking in QuickBooks Online - Discover more
lydiahardy727
Level 1

I need help as to how to apply a note on the system where someone has bought bronze on behalf of the artists, is this a credit note? No invoice to apply it too?

3 REPLIES 3
JenoP

I need help as to how to apply a note on the system where someone has bought bronze on behalf of the artists, is this a credit note? No invoice to apply it too?

Hi there, lydiahardy727.

Are you trying to record a sale for an item that's already been invoiced to the artist? If so, you might want to create a separate invoice for the person who bought the item. Then, delete the one that you've made for the artist. 

Let me know if you're referring to something else. I'll get back here to help you again. 

lydiahardy727
Level 1

Thank you, the raw material was bought last year by some of the artists for all to use and pay for pro rata. However the artists who bought it outright need to account for it in their records.  Do I issue a credit note, though there is no invoice for it on the system. (this was last year on paper) or is it another form of note?

Rustler
Level 15

@lydiahardy727 wrote:

Thank you, the raw material was bought last year by some of the artists for all to use and pay for pro rata. However the artists who bought it outright need to account for it in their records.  Do I issue a credit note, though there is no invoice for it on the system. (this was last year on paper) or is it another form of note?

The artists that bought the bronze have made a loan, that would be an asset account in their books.

the artists that use it, are paying on that loan.

Need to get in touch?

Contact us