cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Everything you need to know about banking in QuickBooks Online - Discover more
smelect
Level 2

I need to invoice 1 customer who handles multiple properties with multiple invoices for each property can anybody suggest the best way to proceed

1 REPLY 1
Rasa-LilaM
QuickBooks Team

I need to invoice 1 customer who handles multiple properties with multiple invoices for each property can anybody suggest the best way to proceed

Greetings, smelect.

Thanks for visiting the Online Community. I’m here to help create invoices showing your customer’s properties.

If you're using QuickBooks Online Plus, you can use the Location Tracking feature to help categorize transactions from different locations, offices, regions, outlets, or departments of the same company. I’ll walk you through the step by step process.

To turn on Location Tracking:

1. Go to the Gear icon at the top, select Account and Settings.
  2. Click on the Advanced tab on the left panel.
  3. Select the Pencil icon for Categories and mark the box for Track locations.
  4. Click on Save and Done.

To add the location:

1. Go to the Gear icon at the top, select All lists.
  2. Choose Locations.
  3. Click on the New button in the upper right, and add the name of the location you want to track.
  4. Click on Save.

When creating transactions, click on the Location drop-down and select the correct property so QuickBooks will properly track them. Here's an article with detailed information on how the Class and Location tracking features help manage your business.

However, you may want to consider upgrading your version if you're using EssentialsTo visually guide you through the process, check out this article: How do I upgrade my QuickBooks Online subscription?

To learn more about the products features, visit this link: https://quickbooks.intuit.com/uk/.

That should point you in the right direction. Be sure to let me know if you have additional questions about using the Location tracking option. I'm always ready to answer them. Have a great day ahead.

Need to get in touch?

Contact us