cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Everything you need to know about banking in QuickBooks Online - Discover more
DGS
Level 1

I've got a problem with the Dashboard Sales figures. It appears that any money deposits made get included in the Dashboard sales figure. Is this a bug?

7 REPLIES 7
katherinejoyceO
QuickBooks Team

I've got a problem with the Dashboard Sales figures. It appears that any money deposits made get included in the Dashboard sales figure. Is this a bug?

Hi DGS,

Thank you for contacting QuickBooks Community! I'm glad to share information about the Sales graph flow.

The sales figure shown in the Dashboard on a specific period is made up of paid invoices, adjustment notes, and sales transactions.  Other transactions such as journal entries posted to sales account, sales tax, and other income transactions like bank deposits will not be displayed.

To resolve this concern, make sure that all deposits are categorized as bank deposits so that these will not count on the sales graph in the Dashboard.  You can always open the Sales by Customer Summary report to view the details of your sales graph.

Here's how:

1. Click Reports on the left pane.
2. In the search box, type in Sales by Customer Summary.
3. Filter the Report period.
4. Click the Run Report button.
5. Check each deposit and change it to a bank deposit.
6. Click Save and Close.

You can read through this article on How to record bank deposits.

Feel free to click the Reply button if you have other questions related to this concern. We're always here to help.

DGS
Level 1

Hi Katherine,

Thanks for getting back to me. I've done what you suggested but can see the monies in are recorded as deposits. See attached for screenshots etc.

Kind Regards

Graham

TaliaI
QuickBooks Team

Hello Graham,

Thank you for the screenshots. Could you please click on the not specified amount and send a screenshot of the transactions included?

We also need to ask for you to remove the attachment, as it displays your number on a public forum - just for your own security. We are unfortunately unable to call you as we deal with digital queries only.

Thanks,

Talia

DGS
Level 1

Hi Talial,

How has my reply got onto a public forum? I thought it was a private message exchange between Quickbooks support and me.

See attached for list of Not specified transasctions. These are all classed as Bank deposits yet appear in the Sales report?

Kind Regards

Graham

TaliaI
QuickBooks Team

Hello Graham,

You have posted to the Community, which is a public forum. :)

Thank you for that further screenshot, could you also go into one of the deposits and send a screenshot of the transactions itself.

Thanks,

Talia

DGS
Level 1

Hi Talia,

I've found the problem. The bank deposit had a VAT entry of VAT (sales), if I change it to No VAT the transaction no longer appears in the Sales Report.

Kind Regards

Graham

TaliaI
QuickBooks Team

Hello Graham,

That's great, glad you were able to resolve it!

Please let us know if you have any further questions.

Thanks,

Talia

Need to get in touch?

Contact us