cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Experienced Member
Solved

Invoices

Hello All,

I sale Tires.  The State of Louisiana requires that I collect a disposal Fee for each new tire sold, as well as a processors fee.  By Law, these fees can not be included in the tire price.

I was looking for a way to Link 2 Line items in quick books pro 2017.

Example:

Quantity         Item                       Description                        Price               Tax

2                  Tires               235-55-17 Toyo tire              $199.99            Tax

2                Disposal          Louisiana State Fee                   $2.00            Non

Best answer 06-06-2018 08:52 AM

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
QuickBooks Team

Re: Invoices

Hi, @simotors.

Welcome to the Community. You've come to the right place to get help with QuickBooks. I've got just the thing to help you group your line items to track those specific fees for your tire sales.

QuickBooks has a feature called Item Groups. This allows you to group items and services together to generate one price and one line item. Here's how: 

• Choose Lists, and then click Item List.

• Select the Item drop-down and click New (Ctrl+N).

• Click the Type drop-down arrow and then select Group.

• In the Group Name/Number field, enter a name or number for the group item.

• Enter a Description of the group item.

Note: This description appears on sales forms.
    (Optional) If you want your customers to see a list of the individual items and their amounts on your forms, check the Print items in group checkbox.
    Note: Subitems of an item in a group doesn't appear on printed forms.

• Leave the checkbox unselected if you don't want the details to appear on your forms.

• In the Item column, select the items that you want to include in this group (the tire, and any associated fees). 

Note: You can include a maximum of 20 items in a group.

• In the Qty column, enter the quantity that you want QuickBooks to enter for each individual item when you use the group item.

Note: If you don't enter quantities, QuickBooks default the quantity of each item to 1. You can always change the quantities when you enter a sale or purchase.

• Click OK to save the item.

Try these steps and let me know if they fit your business model. If you have any questions about this or anything else QuickBooks, feel free to reach out again.

3 REPLIES 3
Highlighted
QuickBooks Team

Hi, @simotors.

Welcome to the Community. You've come to the right place to get help with QuickBooks. I've got just the thing to help you group your line items to track those specific fees for your tire sales.

QuickBooks has a feature called Item Groups. This allows you to group items and services together to generate one price and one line item. Here's how: 

• Choose Lists, and then click Item List.

• Select the Item drop-down and click New (Ctrl+N).

• Click the Type drop-down arrow and then select Group.

• In the Group Name/Number field, enter a name or number for the group item.

• Enter a Description of the group item.

Note: This description appears on sales forms.
    (Optional) If you want your customers to see a list of the individual items and their amounts on your forms, check the Print items in group checkbox.
    Note: Subitems of an item in a group doesn't appear on printed forms.

• Leave the checkbox unselected if you don't want the details to appear on your forms.

• In the Item column, select the items that you want to include in this group (the tire, and any associated fees). 

Note: You can include a maximum of 20 items in a group.

• In the Qty column, enter the quantity that you want QuickBooks to enter for each individual item when you use the group item.

Note: If you don't enter quantities, QuickBooks default the quantity of each item to 1. You can always change the quantities when you enter a sale or purchase.

• Click OK to save the item.

Try these steps and let me know if they fit your business model. If you have any questions about this or anything else QuickBooks, feel free to reach out again.

Experienced Member

Worked Great.

Thank you

WM

Intuit

Hi, @simotors !

I am glad you managed to get your query resolved! 

The Community is much more than product help. It's also a place to seek guidance, inspiration and connections over on the Business Discussion boards. Smiley Happy Whether you're self-employed, own a small business or you're eager to learn something new, the Business Discussions offer a great opportunity! Have a browse of our additional pages using the links below...

I will look forward to learning more about you and your business, and happy to chat if you have the time!

QB Community Home          Talk About Your Business 

Find Inspiration