cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Everything you need to know about banking in QuickBooks Online - Discover more
sara8
Level 1

Please can you advise how to import a list of sales invoices from excel on to QB Desktop.

The excel list contains columns for Date, invoice number, net amount, VAT and Total

Solved
Best answer February 22, 2019

Accepted Solutions
SophiaAnnL

Please can you advise how to import a list of sales invoices from excel on to QB Desktop.

You can definitely import those invoices from Excel using IIF files, Sara.

QuickBooks Desktop uses the Intuit Interchange Format (.IIF) files to let you import or export data from different programs. Before you import the invoices, please ensure that your Excel file is already formatted to the supported file type.

This process also comes with limitations. I've got you an article that lists all of the limitations when importing Excel files into QuickBooks. Once you're all set, you can follow these steps to start the import process:

1. Log in as Admin to your QuickBooks Desktop company file.
  2. Switch to Single User Mode.
  3. Click the File menu at the top left corner.
  4. Select Utilities, Import, and then, choose IIF Files.
  5. Find the IIF file that you saved, and then select it.
  6. Click Open.
  7. Click OK when you get a message to confirm that your data has been imported.

I'm always around if you need more help with this. Thanks for dropping by the Community.

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6
Chris_H
QuickBooks Team

Hi Sara,

Welcome to the community!

Can I just ask, which version of QuickBooks Desktop is it that you are using when trying to import the transactions from Excel?

Thanks im advance,

Chris

sara8
Level 1

Hi Chris,

Thank you for responding to my question.

I am using Premier Accounting Edition 2019.

Sara

SophiaAnnL

You can definitely import those invoices from Excel using IIF files, Sara.

QuickBooks Desktop uses the Intuit Interchange Format (.IIF) files to let you import or export data from different programs. Before you import the invoices, please ensure that your Excel file is already formatted to the supported file type.

This process also comes with limitations. I've got you an article that lists all of the limitations when importing Excel files into QuickBooks. Once you're all set, you can follow these steps to start the import process:

1. Log in as Admin to your QuickBooks Desktop company file.
  2. Switch to Single User Mode.
  3. Click the File menu at the top left corner.
  4. Select Utilities, Import, and then, choose IIF Files.
  5. Find the IIF file that you saved, and then select it.
  6. Click Open.
  7. Click OK when you get a message to confirm that your data has been imported.

I'm always around if you need more help with this. Thanks for dropping by the Community.

samhui
Level 1

How can I import Sale Invoice from csv or excel file to Reckon Accounts Enterprise: 2019?

IntuitLily

Thank you for joining the thread, @samhui.

As mentioned by my colleague @SophiaAnnL, you can import your invoices using the Intuit Interchange Format (.IIF) files. Be sure to check the mapping for a successful import. 

You may check the sample header that you can use in the process: IIF import kit, sample files, and headers.

To give you more details about importing .IIF files in QuickBooks Desktop, please refer to this article link: Improved IIF Import in QuickBooks 2019.

Let me know if you have additional questions. I'm always here to help. Have a nice day.

plung
Level 6

@samhui ,

Explore this 3rd party importer tool. Hopefully it can work with Reckon product as well.

https://transactionpro.grsm.io/qbd

Need to get in touch?

Contact us