Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Super Explorer *
Solved

Strange enlarged invoice format at sending

Hi,

Recently I've found my invoices are being sent out in a strange format. Everything is enlarged and spread out. I have checked my settings and it is not even a format present in the options.

Does anyone know anything about this and how to cure it?

Thank you.

Karsty.

Best answer 08-09-2018 09:33 AM

Accepted Solutions
QuickBooks Team

Re: Strange enlarged invoice format at sending

Hi Karsty,

I might have figured it out. Please point out with gusto if i haven't!

Go into your Account & Settings, select the option on the left for Sales, and look for the subsection Online Delivery. Your'll have "Additional Email Options for Invoices" set as "Online Invoice". If you change it to Plain Text, Save and send yourself a dummy invoice; does that show more as what you'd expect?

I suspect the Sales Receipt one is automatically sending as plain text, opposed to using the Online Invoice formatting. The customer would receive an email with the body of the email in plain text, and then the invoice attached. They'll still have the option to press on a big green View Invoice button, where they can be taken to the details of the invoice and further download/print copies for themselves.

Did the invoices previously used to be sent out as an attachment with a body email, or did your customers used to see the details of whats within your invoice within the body of their email?

Thanks Karsty! Smiley Happy

47 REPLIES 47
QuickBooks Team

We want to gain a better understanding about this, Karsty.

May I know what part of the invoice is changed? How does your invoice look like?

Any additional information and screenshots you can provide would be appreciated so we can help you further.

Super Explorer *

Thank you James, I will get you a proper reply, Just too busy at the moment! (I'm a gardener, and the weather is good here in England, for a change!)

I'll be back asap....

Karst.

QuickBooks Team

That's amazing, Kartsy.

Take your time and just enjoy the weather. We'll be right here to assist you further.

QuickBooks Team

Hey Karsty,

I'm happy to hear I'm not the only gardener working with QuickBooks! What do you tend to grow?

I enjoy growing vegetables, using only natural methods, no chemicals whatsoever - my Kale are doing fantastic, and i can't keep up with how many strawberries i'm currently getting!

Here's hoping the weather continues!

Thanks, JamesC

I hear the good weather is going to continue for at least another month - fingers crossed, @Karsty!

Hey @JamesC, I don't mind having your spare strawberries Smiley Very Happy

Super Explorer *

Hi Folks, I appreciate all your responses.

I am so flipping busy at the moment it's just a difficult task to get more involved immediately, but I would really like to.

I'm going to weave it into my life, somehow (~8

Karsty.

QuickBooks Team

HI @Karsty,

I know exactly what it can be like when you're so busy it's a struggle to get time to post here.

I look forward to having you join us more regularly, and hearing plenty about your gardens Smiley Happy

Thanks,

Intuit

Hi, @Karsty Smiley Happy

Agreed. Life is manic! And I'm not the greatest at time management. 

I look forward to chatting with you more about your gardening! Smiley Happy keep up the great work.

QB Community Home          Talk About Your Business 

Find Inspiration     

Intuit

Hi, @Karsty!

Is this the post you were referring to when you said you were waiting for a response? Smiley Happy It might be best that you comment on this thread and see if someone can assist you. Or alternatively, start a new discussion!

I hope this helps. If you have any questions, please let me know Smiley Happy

Find Inspiration     

Super Explorer *

Hi Everyone,

It's taken way too long, but here, finally, are screenshots of the strange invoices I am producing here. My customer's details have been erased by me......

Can anyone guide me in how to shrink them back to normal?

Thank you!

Karsty.

Super Explorer *

Super Explorer *

Strange invoices 1 of 4.PNGStrange invoices 2 of 4.PNGStrange invoices 3 of 4.PNGStrange invoices 4 of 4.PNG

QuickBooks Team

Hi Karsty,

Great to see you back here, to me, they don't look wrong or silly sized, i think the proportion is about right. - It certainly matches the formatting of the one i just sent myself. i hate to ask, but there isn't a chance you've inadvertently zoomed in?

If you have selected the option to attach as .pdf also, the pdf attachment is formatted in a way similar to the form you used to create your invoice.

Our developers are constantly looking to update the system, and ensuring customer visibility in relation to your invoices is something we like to prioritize.

One option you have, is you can import your own, custom created style from word into QuickBooks, so you can design them outside of QB, then import them, map the information to your invoice upload and send out a customized version to your customers.

Let me know your thoughts please

Super Explorer *

Hi James,

Thanks for that.

I have got "attach as pdf" activated, but still my customers get this huge format. It didn't used to be like that. If this is now normal, I really think it is overkill in a big way! No person with average eyesight needs it this huge and spaced out. It would be useful as an option if you know your customer would benefit from it, but unless I am the only one who thinks so, I really think you should shrink it down to the same size and format as the receipts.

In fact, if this large format is now normal, why do the receipts go out in the smaller sensible size?

Thank you (~8

Karsty.

QuickBooks Team

Hi Karsty,

I might have figured it out. Please point out with gusto if i haven't!

Go into your Account & Settings, select the option on the left for Sales, and look for the subsection Online Delivery. Your'll have "Additional Email Options for Invoices" set as "Online Invoice". If you change it to Plain Text, Save and send yourself a dummy invoice; does that show more as what you'd expect?

I suspect the Sales Receipt one is automatically sending as plain text, opposed to using the Online Invoice formatting. The customer would receive an email with the body of the email in plain text, and then the invoice attached. They'll still have the option to press on a big green View Invoice button, where they can be taken to the details of the invoice and further download/print copies for themselves.

Did the invoices previously used to be sent out as an attachment with a body email, or did your customers used to see the details of whats within your invoice within the body of their email?

Thanks Karsty! Smiley Happy

Super Explorer *

Thaaaaaannkk Yooooouu James !!!

That was it!

I have no memory of changing it to that, (but maybe I have no memory??)

I have always had the invoice as attachment to the email.....

Karsty.

QuickBooks Team

Hi Karsty,

Step back, this may be rather loud....

WOOOOOOOOHOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!! Smiley Very Happy Smiley Very Happy

Glad we got it, it's a really easy thing to change, it may have been via a pop up when we released them, and introduced them to you via a pop up on the Dashboard.

Let me know if there's anything further i can help you with, i hope the gardens of yours have handled the drought period. Mine have been producing more food than they have in previous years that's for sure.

Thanks,

Super Explorer *

Are you in England James?

Everything slowed down in my gardens, including me! 

But now it has finally cooled down and started raining 珞

Happy growing!

Karsty.

Intuit

Hi, @Karsty!

I am based in London and the rain poured down last night; it was lovely and well needed for the surrounding gardens and parks!

Sadly, my houseplants have died in the hot hot hot heat. I have succulents - any tips for keeping the houseplants fresh and happy?! I don't know whether to re-purchase or completely give up on it Smiley Sad 

Happy Friday, @Karsty

Find Inspiration     

Super Explorer *

@Jess W, Pleeeeeeeaaassee post photos of your plants!

I've been growing cacti and succulents for 40 years, I will be very happy to help!

Intuit

Hi, @Karsty!

Sadly, they were thrown... But I did keep a stem from one of the succulents and I will be trying to grow this separately. I love cacti too! Wow, 40 years! How did you learn about the succulents and cacti?

Orchids always survive in my hot flat though! Do you like orchids? Smiley Happy

Find Inspiration     

Super Explorer *

Basically @Jess W I like all plants that are beautiful and weird. In my flat I have orchids, cacti, succulents, carnivorous plants, air plants, staghorn ferns, other ferns, including a 7ft tree fern, Ravanela madagascariensis, Welwitchia mirabilis..... I just started growing plants when I was about 7 and haven't looked back since.....

I'm surprised the succulents failed but the orchids survived...... That's odd!?

If you would like to say what succulents you like, and what the light situation is in your place, maybe I can give you some guidance? Or do you already know your stuff? (~8

QuickBooks Team

Hi @Karsty

I certainly am, I'm in the North East of England.

Everything has grown steadily, but my lettuce keep trying to bolt with no shade for them to chill out in, and my kale have been soaking up the sun, as long as i get plenty of water on them.

For some reason though, my strawberries have really not enjoyed the blistering heat.

My tomatoes on the other hand have never been more prolific, i'll have to get a picture but the trusses on my cherry toms are fruiting on a scale we've never had. I'm counting 20-30 cherry toms on each truss, which is mind-boggling!

Super Explorer *

@JamesC, Tomatoes are heat lovers - I had them thriving on a concrete south-facing balcony in a Czech summer, must have gotten up to 50°C max there in the height of it all