Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Community Contributor *
Solved

Transfers

Hi,

Bank Transfers are showing up in one bank account but not in the other. I have checked obvious things like the date and that it's the correct account details. One account is reconciled but the other is not which is when I found the problem. Any help much appreciated

Best answer 06-19-2018

Accepted Solutions
QuickBooks Team

Re: Transfers

Hi BandM,

From looking at the screenshot you've provided the reason the transfer is not showing in account ending 937 is because the money is being paid into the uncategorised asset account rather than the bank account. For this to show on the bank account ended 937 you will need to change the Transfer Funds To field to account ending 937.

Please let me know if there is anything else I can help with. Smiley Happy

Community Contributor *

Brilliant! That was the problem. I have to admit I noticed that but didn't click on it. 

Can't thank you enough.

8 REPLIES 8
QuickBooks Team

Hi BandM,

Thank you for contacting the Community.

Can you please provide a screenshot of the bank transfer so I can have a look at it?

Thank you, Carly. Smiley Happy

Community Contributor *

Hi Carly,

Apologies for the late reply. I replied to the email and not on the site.

I have attached a screenshot of the account that has the transfer. This transfer does not appear in the account ending 937.

The problem was caused because my son has the app and I use the on-line version. He used to add the transfers but often got them the wrong way round or to the wrong account (or added as a deposit) so there were lots that had to corrected or deleted and re-entered. Which I did as I reconciled the 937 account. The  other problem is that I hadn't bothered with the 885 account until yesterday (very few transactions overall). Lots of the transactions were missing so I corrected all of them and balanced that account but then found I had a beginning balance discrepancy on the 937 account with a whole list of deleted transactions.  Which I think are the ones showing up in the 885 account but not in 937.

However I think some are just incorrect transactions (ie deposits instead of transfer, which I can correct ). So I'm a right old muddle at this time.

Any help you can give me will be greatly appreciated.

Regards

Christine Mariutto for Greg Mariutto 

QuickBooks Team

Hi BandM,

Would you be able to open the transfer be clicking Edit and then provide a screenshot of that screen please?

If you reconciled the account ending 937 and then edited/deleted any transactions from that account which are also showing in 885, this would effect both accounts.

You can ask your accountant to undo the reconciliation on account ending 937, or any deleted transactions will need to be re-created for the opening balance to be correct again.

I hope this helps, Carly. Smiley Happy

Community Contributor *

Hi Carly,

Thank you. Actually this is the recreated transaction. I think when I reconciled the 937 account ages ago it was incorrect. The transaction was entered as from another account to 937, ie the 937 amount was correct but the 885 was not. So I corrected that and replaced the incorrect transaction with the one shown in the screenshot attached.

Regards

B&M

QuickBooks Team

Hi BandM,

From looking at the screenshot you've provided the reason the transfer is not showing in account ending 937 is because the money is being paid into the uncategorised asset account rather than the bank account. For this to show on the bank account ended 937 you will need to change the Transfer Funds To field to account ending 937.

Please let me know if there is anything else I can help with. Smiley Happy

Community Contributor *

Brilliant! That was the problem. I have to admit I noticed that but didn't click on it. 

Can't thank you enough.

QuickBooks Team

No problem at all.

Let us know if you need anything further and we will be happy to assist Smiley Happy

Intuit

Hi,  @BandM Welcome to the QB Community! 

I am glad you had your query resolved Smiley Happy 

The Community is much more than product help. It's also a place to seek guidance, gain inspiration and make connections... This all happens over on the Business Discussion boards Smiley Happy. Whether you're self-employed, own a small business or you're eager to learn something new, the Business Discussions offer a great opportunity! Have a browse of our additional pages using the links below and come over and comment. I would love to hear more about what you do!

QB Community Home          Talk About Your Business 

Find Inspiration