cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Everything you need to know about banking in QuickBooks Online - Discover more
John Wildgoose
Level 3

We get a monthly email notice of QB subscription invoice, but no attached PDF invoice? Seriously? How hard is it? Like we have to go looking ourselves? #LazyIntuit

7 REPLIES 7
TaliaI
QuickBooks Team

We get a monthly email notice of QB subscription invoice, but no attached PDF invoice? Seriously? How hard is it? Like we have to go looking ourselves? #LazyIntuit

Hello John,

We no longer send the PDF invoice via email. You will find this document under the cog wheel > account & settings > billing and subscription > payment history.

We apologise if you are not happy with this change.

Thanks,

Talia

John Wildgoose
Level 3

Why would you stop?  Did you ask the customers if it's ok to stop? Why do you think we are prepared to pay a subscription to you, and then have to do so much work? It just makes us feel like an under valued revenue stream, not a customer.

I'd lose clients if I told them I had an invoice for them but they had to log on to an account and go through several clicks to get it.

I know what would happen... They'd just not pay.

But intuit already has the money, and there we have the birth of arrogance. You just don't care.

TaliaI
QuickBooks Team

Hello John,

This was updated to make the billing system more reliable, and accessible. Emails can be lost in servers or accidentally deleted, whereas the bills showing in product are stable and cannot be removed. This also saves customers having to call for their bills to be resent, and brings us into line with our Global products, which all use digital billing.

Again, we apologise that you are not happy with this change.

Thanks,

Talia

John Wildgoose
Level 3

Well that makes no sense at all. 

Let's take another subscription service I use, Box.com.  They send me out a reminder that the bill is due and will be taken on a day in the future, and with that email they attach an invoice. But the invoice is still on the server where I can access it if I need to.

Why didn't Intuit think of that? It doesn't have to be ONLY emailed, it can be stored and emailed at the very same time it's generated.

And how can you call that accessible? It's not accessible for us, we have to go clicking through to find it. 

It's just a sloppy, self interested policy. You are not thinking about the customers who pay a princely sum for their subscription (Which, I add, I ONLY do because my government forced me to when they introduced MTD and left the tax payer stranded).

I'd appreciate you escalating this, it's terrible PR, you just get your customers thinking you really don't care about how inconvenient a change of process is to us, as long as it's easier for Intuit.

It's the 21st Century! You need to be less arrogant.

John C
QuickBooks Team

Hi John

I have been forwarded your concerns regarding the PDF attachments no longer being forwarded with the invoice email.

The agent that you were in contact with set out the reasons why the PDF's were no longer being attached. The changes were implemented as a considerable number of our customers were accidentally deleting the emails, stating they weren't receiving the emails or they were being received into their spam/junk folders and they had either deleted them or hadn't noticed them.

The decision was then taken to make the invoices available from within the product to limit our customers frustrations and time they were taking contacting us to have the invoices re-sent to them.

We appreciate your particular frustrations with the new method of not including the PDF's with the emails and we can certainly pass your comments on to the developers/engineers to see if they can implement an option to include the PDF's attached to the emails.

John Wildgoose
Level 3

Again, this doesn't make any sense. I cannot figure out why you would penalise your customers who's email works effectively, bringing us all down to the lowest common denominator.

For sure I can understand why you'd expect customers who cannot control their email to have to go through the process of digging up their invoices from deep inside your servers, but why are we all being punished?

It doesn't add up.

The policy needs rethinking

John Wildgoose
Level 3

At the absolute minimum I'd expect is a one click through hyperlink in the email to take us straight to the invoice. 

We are paying. We shouldn't be having to work to get the invoices, that's your responsibility, no?

Need to get in touch?

Contact us