cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Everything you need to know about banking in QuickBooks Online - Discover more
info194
Level 1

Hi I have mistakenly marked a VAT return as filed before realising I have applied to HMRC to file digitally. I cant seem to reverse this. How will I submit this to HMRC

1 REPLY 1
AlcaeusF

Hi I have mistakenly marked a VAT return as filed before realising I have applied to HMRC to file digitally. I cant seem to reverse this. How will I submit this to HMRC

Hello info194,

Thank you for posting here in the Community. I'm here to help provide information about the VAT return in QuickBooks.

Once a user marks a tax return as filed, you can no longer undo the tax filing on your end. You may need to contact QuickBooks Support for unfiling.

Before speaking to a support representative, please ready the required information. They'll be needing your QuickBooks Online Company and which tax filing period you wish to unfile.

To location the Company ID:

1. Click the Gear icon.
  2. Click Account and Settings.
  3. Go to Billing and Subscription.
  4. Check the Company ID.

I'm also linking an article with additional information on unfiling a VAT return:

How to unfile VAT/GST.

In case you need the steps on how to contact support, please see the steps I'm adding below:

1. Log into your QuickBooks account.
  2. Click the Help option in the upper-right corner.
  3. Click Contact us.

Please reach out to me here should you need any further assistance with unfiling tax returns. I'm always available to talk QuickBooks.

Need to get in touch?

Contact us