cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Everything you need to know about banking in QuickBooks Online - Discover more
Polly2
Level 1

I have filed my vat with HMRC and on my previous desktop version of QB's and have paid it, but I still need to file the vat on my new online QB’s. How can i do this?

6 REPLIES 6
TaliaI
QuickBooks Team

I have filed my vat with HMRC and on my previous desktop version of QB's and have paid it, but I still need to file the vat on my new online QB’s. How can i do this?

Hello Polly2,

To confirm, you would like to file the VAT return you have filed on Desktop again on your Online account?

Or do you need to record the payment of the return you filed in Desktop?

Thanks,

Talia

Polly2
Level 1

Hi,

I need to file my VAT on QB's online, but not with HMRC as already completed separately. I will also need to record the payment made to HMRC on QB's online.

Thanks

Polly

TaliaI
QuickBooks Team

Hello Polly,

First, have you set up VAT within your Online account?

Thanks,

Talia

Polly2
Level 1

Yes, i think its all good to go...

Polly2
Level 1

I have an open VAT return on my QB's online account.

John C
QuickBooks Team

Hi Polly2

Does your open return correspond with the date range that you are filing separately with HMRC?

Need to get in touch?

Contact us