cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Everything you need to know about banking in QuickBooks Online - Discover more
julie34
Level 1

I have just successfully submitted my first vat return with QB . I've had the email to say it's received, I've paid it but QB says that return is still open?

6 REPLIES 6
TaliaI
QuickBooks Team

I have just successfully submitted my first vat return with QB . I've had the email to say it's received, I've paid it but QB says that return is still open?

Hello julie34,

Welcome to the Community - thank you for your question!

To confirm, does it still ask for you to submit the return? Has the next period not opened yet?

Thanks,

Talia

julie34
Level 1

Yes it has opened, it says blocked and I can't connect to HMRC right now.

TaliaI
QuickBooks Team

Hello julie34,

Could you please send over a screenshot of your Taxes page?

Thanks,

Talia

julie34
Level 1

IMG_2413.JPG

julie34
Level 1

It's not saying to check the accounting period now. But it won't connect to HMRC

TaliaI
QuickBooks Team

Hello julie34,

Thank you for sending that. The reason it is now showing as blocked is because the return that is now open (May - July) is not due yet. This means that it will show as blocked, and that it can't connect, to avoid you from submitting the return early. As soon as the return is due, refresh the connection and the return will open ready for you to submit.

Thanks,

Talia

Need to get in touch?

Contact us