cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Everything you need to know about banking in QuickBooks Online - Discover more
griffinbookkeepi
Level 1

I have signed up for MTD with HMRC but my VAT status says 'blocked'. I have Admin status, I had to get the Master Admin to file the VAT.

1 REPLY 1
TaliaI
QuickBooks Team

I have signed up for MTD with HMRC but my VAT status says 'blocked'. I have Admin status, I had to get the Master Admin to file the VAT.

Hello griffinbookkeepi,

There are a few things we need to check for this blocked message. This basically means that something within QuickBooks does not match with your HMRC account.

First, you will need to confirm that you have received your email confirmation for MTD. You will also need to check the dates of the period you are trying to submit, and confirm that these are the same as the dates HMRC are expecting (by looking at your return deadlines section in your HMRC account). Next, make sure the VAT registration number within your QuickBooks (Edit VAT > Edit VAT settings) is the same as within your HMRC account.

Once you have confirmed this, and updated anything you need to, you can also try disconnecting and reconnecting from MTD. You can do this by going to the cog wheel > account & settings > advanced > MTD settings. Here you can disconnect, make sure to click on the HMRC link to un-authorise QuickBooks. Once you have done this, go through the steps of reconnecting from the same section, then refresh your connection within Taxes.

If you are still getting the blocked message after this, let us know and we can go through any further steps.

Thanks,

Talia

Need to get in touch?

Contact us