cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Everything you need to know about banking in QuickBooks Online - Discover more
sbrown1264
Level 1

When entering a dd to the bank how do I over ride the vat to enter a lower amount or do I have to split it into 2 entries one covering the full vat amount?

dd payment every month needs to be entered broken down to three expenses, one has an element of vat but not STD how do I do it?

5 REPLIES 5
TaliaI
QuickBooks Team

When entering a dd to the bank how do I over ride the vat to enter a lower amount or do I have to split it into 2 entries one covering the full vat amount?

Hello sbrown1264,

Yes, you will need to split the transaction, you can do this by selecting Split when adding the deposit. You can then enter the VAT transaction separately.

Thanks,

Talia

sbrown1264
Level 1

If I click bank a/c or current a/c register and then click "splits"  it states to go back to the home page and choose the right activity? every time a DD payment goes through I do not want to enter bill and pay bill, same goes for customers, also not all invoices are STD vat, isn't there the option for free form filling as in other packages?

JamesC
QuickBooks Team

Can i confirm the version of QB you're using, this post has been tagged as Desktop, but i'm wondering if you might have our Online product, with some of the terminology you're using?

sbrown1264
Level 1

QB pro 2019 desktop

sbrown1264
Level 1

I find it so strange that  a simple transactions as posting a DD which has to go to 3 different expense a/cs with one portion, having an element of VAT which isn't standard as being too awkward to post!

With regards to terminology, what terminology. I am using standard accounting terms, which are also in QB pro 2019! 

Need to get in touch?

Contact us