TheDotConnector
Level 2

Community Basics

Everyone's work habits and ability to focus is different.  If you can work outside and be productive -- do it. If you need to just be outside for a little while to refresh, and that helps you focus when you go back in and crank out some work, that's fine too. Me? When I'm outside in nature, I'm there because I want to enjoy it and so try my best not to focus on work. As described above, it does help me focus and get back in to be productive. But what I've found works best for me is a hybrid -- finding a workspace that feels more focused, yet allows me to experience the outdoors (the screen room at my house, a table at an outdoor cafe, etc.). One thing that is definitely not productive -- being inside and yearning to be outside but feeling trapped; better to take 10 or 15 minutes out in the fresh air for a dose of Vitamin D than convince yourself that being chained indoors is the only answer.  Where there's a will there's a way -- you just need to experiment to figure out which way works best for you. So, get outside and experiment, @WillowOlder