ParkwayInc
Level 6

Who's Attending the Accounting & Finance Show in New York Wednesday & Friday?

Hello fellow Community members! Right now I am sitting on a Jet Blue flight headed to New York for the Accounting and Finance Show being held at the Javits Center, and wanted to see if anyone else will be going and would like to meet up?

This event marks my first opportunity to promote my QuickBooks Desktop application Vendorsync so I am really excited.  I want to give a big shout out to Analytix for allowing me to utilize their booth to  talk with my fellow accountants.

I would love to do a live streaming interview with anyone from the community so come find me in booth 158 ( Analytix Solutions)

Hope everyone has a successful week!

EmilyCowan
Level 7

Talk about your business

Hey @ParkwayInc - thanks for sharing, that's so exciting! (And thanks for checking in with QB Community from the airplane, because that makes us all feel super-cool :smileyvery-happy:)

Have you been to this particular event before? Are you nervous at all about promoting your product on the floor or is this old hat for you?

ParkwayInc
Level 6

Talk about your business

Hi @EmilyCowan

Heck Yes, I was nervous! 

Vendorsync has been a personal project of mine for the past two+ years and while I did do market research early on, there is always a fear that you are making the world’s most expensive solution to a problem that no one else has.

During that same time-frame, my business partner, Mike Snelson and I have been building our firm Parkway Business Solutions. Unlike building an accounting practice, app development was completely foreign to me. I never expected how different the process would be to come up with an idea for an application, research the market potential, create the team, develop the MVP (minimum viable product) and ultimate to pitch the app to potential consumers and investors.

Thanks to the support of different community members and software companies like LedgersyncArmaticScanovHammerzenKnowify and so many others who all shared their experiences with me, we have been able to get to where we are today.  

In a world filled with apps that have been built by accountants for accountants, I like to say that this is the first community developed application. The idea was born from my conversations with other accountants, it was fueled by community encouragement and if deserved will be propelled by community users.

If I could highlight one thing that I hope everyone takes away from my words today it would be: when you take the time to share your experiences with others, may be exactly what that person needed to accomplish their goals. 

That is why I am proud to be a member of this Intuit Community.

P.S.  I had a great time at the Convention and look forward to the next show in Los Angeles July 25th & 26th!