SteveChase
Community Champion

Talk about your business

Terri, sounds like you have found your passion and are doing exactly what Zig Ziglar always said that you can have anything you want as long as you are willing to help enough other people get what they want.

I worked from 2008 to last month with 3 company files on QuickBooks Desktop. It was reliable for everything I needed. I pushed back to converting them to QBO because the price was not worth it. How could I pay $40/month plus for all 3 companies. And then in June my mind changed when I got my free QBOA account. I took all the training modules for QBOA ProAdisor program and learned a ton about QuickBooks Online. Then I took advantage of their 5 for $25/month. I get to lock down 5 company files for clients and pay $5 a month for the life of the subscription. Plus I get to use QBO Plus for my practice and have free payroll for me. That was a game changer. So I've added a client since I converted my 3 files and now next week I am in the process of signing an engagement to fill that 5th spot. So for me I see QBO as great asset for me because I want to teach it to local business oweners in San Antonio.

I don't know what the plans are for the life of the desktop QuickBooks. I  don't think it is going away unless they sell it off.

I don't have any empoyees (yet) and yesterday I had to call QuickBooks support because my conversion from desktop to online did not convert the payroll right. They fixed the issue. My point is even though I don't have any staff members in my practice I feel like I have all the help I need right now if I have a problem with QuickBooks because I can call and screenshare with the QuickBooks support team.

I am so happy that I decided to get over my fears of starting out on my own and starting my own bookkeeping service. It truly is a passion to be in the middle of the A B C s of life. Accounting Bookkeeping Coaching. It is such a great position to have the vision of myself helping business owners thrive and develop better financial stations in life for their family which directly impacts the community.

Steve Chase