jill5
Level 2

Account management

I'm sorry for being so long in replying to your answer, IntuitBiscotti.  I didn't know anyone had responded.   Quickbooks for Mac 2014 v15.0.5 R6 is still pretty unstable.  Crashes when I am doing any number of different things almost every day - seems pretty random.  I have checked for updates.  I rebuild the data almost every day in all three companies because of another issue.  I will try quitting first then opening in the new company.  I have to rebuild the data so often because after printing checks or doing some accounting like reconciling an account the balance in the account does not match the balance in Chart of Accounts.  When I'm writing checks, I can see the balance go down, when I print the checks the balance goes back up as if the checks were never written (in the Chart of Accounts).  So the first thing I have to do when I open a company is check to see the balances are correct.  The Chart of Account balance is accessed by other functions and when it is wrong it can throw off other stuff.