ovtnvw
Level 3

Changing the default deposit account

Hello,

I am using Quickbooks for Mac. Is there a way to set a default account for deposits? I am unable to find it in preferences.

Thank you.

Solved
JessT

Account management

Hi there, ovtnvw.

We're unable to set a default account for making deposits at the moment.

I'll personally share this idea to our product engineers for future updates. You can also send a suggestion from your company by going to the Help menu, and choosing Send Feedback Online.

You can always go back to this thread if you have other questions.

ovtnvw
Level 3

Account management

Thank you.

IntuitBrooks
Level 9

Account management

QuickBooks->Preferences click on Checks.  You can set the default account there.

View solution in original post

ovtnvw
Level 3

Account management

Thanks, I saw the check boxes but did not realize those were drop downs next to them.

roundrocktxhandy
Level 1

Account management

In Quickbooks Online click on the gear at the top right. Click Account and Settings -> Payments, then scroll down to Chart of Accounts where you will see a drop down for Standard Deposits where you can select the correct account to record deposits.

EmNetRobin
Level 1

Account management

I am using Desktop Pro 2021 and do not see that option. It constantly is depositing in the savings and unless I cath it in the deposit screen it screws everything up. Please help.

katherinejoyceO
QuickBooks Team

Account management

Thanks for joining this forum, @EmNetRobin. I can guide you on how to change the default deposit account in QuickBooks Desktop.

Here's how:

1. Go to the Edit menu, then Preferences.
  2. Select Checking at the left pane again.
  3. Go to the Company Preferences tab.
  4. On the Select Default Account To Use section, choose the correct account in the drop-down.
  5. Hit OK.

For future reference, you can check out this article to learn more about how the undeposited funds account works in QuickBooks Desktop.

You're always welcome to come by if you have additional concerns about managing default accounts. I'm here to assist you again.

GRTac
Level 2

Account management

This only does checking default account. Is there a way to do a default deposit account when visa/mc is checked on a sales receipt? Sales receipts default the deposit to account to last used. When a customer wants to pay with CC, I have to change it to Undeposited each time. Any where to set it up so that if the credit card button is clicked that the deposit to changes to undeposited automatically?

Carneil_C
QuickBooks Team

Account management

Hi there, @GRTac.

I'll hop into this thread and address your concerns about having a default account for the sales receipts.

I see the importance of having this feature. It can surely benefit you and your business.

With that, this would be a great time to send this feedback to our Product Development Team regarding this idea to help improve QuickBooks to better meet the business needs of our users.

For QuickBooks Desktop for Mac, Here's how:

1. From the QuickBooks menu, choose QuickBooks Feedback and select Product Suggestions in the Type of feedback section.
  2. Fill in the fields with the correct information.
  3. Click Send Feedback.

If you're using QBDT for windows, I'll show you how:

1. Go to the Help menu.
  2. Select Send Feedback Online.
  3. Then click Product Suggestion.
  4. Enter your suggestions and details, then hit Send Feedback.

For more details about the QBDT Mac features, you can check out this user guide: QuickBooks Desktop Mac 2021 User's Guide.

Loop me in if you have other QBDT-related concerns or want to share your practices using the product. I'd be glad to assist you. Take care!

apeters at ES
Level 1

Account management

This looks correct for if you have integrated online payments. Quickbooks Payments appears to be a separate service. If we don't use it, how do we make it so checks don't go to cash? How do we make deposited funds default to undeposited?

RoseJillB
QuickBooks Team

Account management

Let’s work on your default posting account for payments in QuickBooks Desktop (QBDT), apeters.

We can alter your payment preferences to ensure that every payment posted to your account is routed to the Undeposited Funds. You can follow the steps below to start:

1. Go to the Edit menu and select Preferences.
  2. Navigate to the Payments section and tap the Company Preferences tab.
  3. In the Receive Payments section, mark checks the Use Undeposited Funds as a default deposit to account.
  4. Click OK.
    undeposited account.PNG

Moreover, you can learn more about utilizing this account by visiting this resource. This includes thorough details about how it works: What’s the Undeposited Funds account?

Additionally, I’ve added some resources you can look into to manage your transactions as well as your books:

I’m always here whenever you needed my help. You can tap the reply button or post your concerns here. Have a good one!