Re: User Role - view item list & quantity without seeing cost
Welcome to the Community! I can share some resources on how you can set up user access and restrictions in QuickBooks Desktop Enterprise.
You can set up a specific access to your user who will be managing your inventory access. here's how:
- Go to Company.
- Choose Users.
- Select Set Up Users and Roles.
- Under the User List tab, click New.
- Enter the user name and password for the user.
- In the Available Roles, scroll down and locate Inventory.
- Click Add.
- Hit Ok.
- Go to Role List tab.
- Look for Inventory.
- Click Edit.
- In the Edit Role window, you can specify up to what level of information would you like this specific User will be able to access.
- Click on the Plus icon (+) on each Area and Activities to expand lists.
- Click Ok.
- Hit Close.
That should do it! For additional insights, you may check out this article:
If you need further assistance with the steps above, I’d recommend reaching out to our Technical Support Team. A specialist will be able to access your account on a secured environment and further help you via secured remote access session.
Here’s how you can reach them:
- Go to the Help menu.
- Choose QuickBooks Desktop Help.
- In the Have a Question window, click Contact us at the bottom portion of the screen.
- Click Search for something else.
- Type in a keyword about your concern.
- Hit Search.
- Click on Start a Message.
Stay in touch with us here in the Community and let me know how it works. I'm always here to help you user’s access and restrictions in QuickBooks Desktop.