ClayJ
QuickBooks Team

Account management

Hey there, @taggerwear

Have you had a chance to try the steps provided by @MorganB, and @FritzF? If you have and you're still having issues, allow me to provide another alternative. QuickBooks has the ability to compress your company file into a portable copy. This file format is easier to transfer via email or through an external storage device. This also helps to fix latency issues within the file. To do this, please follow the steps below:

Create a portable company file

• From File in the upper left-hand corner, click Create Copy.
  • Choose Portable company file then Next.
  • Select the location where you want to save the portable copy.
  • Click Save and OK.

Restore portable company file

• From File in the upper left-hand corner, click Open or Restore Company.
  • Choose Restore a portable file then Next.
  • Select the portable copy (.qbm) then Open.
  • Read through the Where do you want to restore the file? page then select Next.
  • Choose the location where you want to restore your portable file.
    Note: You can change the name of the portable file to prevent it from overwriting your existing file.
  • Select Save.

Note: you may need to reattach any documents you had attached before creating a portable copy. You can find more information on that here.

Just in case you need it, I'm attaching the article that goes over portable files here. If you're still experiencing performance issues with your company file, there may yet be something else going. Once you have a moment to try out these steps, comment back with your results. I'll be on standby here waiting for your response.