Anonymous
Not applicable

Account management

Hey there, @ubernaut,

Thanks for getting this to our attention. I can add some information about removing customers in QuickBooks Mac.

May I know what error message are you getting when deleting the customer/job? This will help us narrow things down.

You'll normally get an error message when removing a name if there are existing transactions that were not deleted. You might want to check if you have created journal entries or items under that job.

You can also try making them inactive and see if it gives you the same error. Here's how:

1. Go to the Customers menu.
  2. Select Customer Center.
  3. Control-click a name in the left pane to access a shortcut menu to common tasks.
  4. Select the Make Customer:Job(s) Inactive.

If you're still unable to do the steps, you can merge the name to another job. Here's how.

1. Go to Lists the select Customer:Jobs. You can also use this shortcut: Shift-Command-J.
  2. Change the list entry’s name to be the same as the entry you’re combining it with.
  3. Click OK.
  4. Hit Yes to confirm the merge.

You can also try running the Verify/Rebuild Utilities to detect and fix data issues within the company file. You can check this article for the complete steps: Verify and Rebuild Data in QuickBooks Desktop

Please let me know the result of the troubleshooting. I want to make sure this issue gets resolved so you can get back to business. Have a great day!

View solution in original post