Re: How to change password
Nice to see you here in the Community. I'm here to provide some insight on how to change your password.
Just to clarify, are trying to change your QuickBooks company file or the Online Account password? If it's for the company file, the steps below will guide you on how to change it:
- In the QuickBooks Desktop Login window, click the I forgot my password hyperlink.
- Fill out the required information:
- Your License Number for the version of QuickBooks you’re using. You can press F2 from the login window to see your license number.
- The Name, Email Address, Phone number, and ZIP code you originally used when you purchased the product.
- Click OK. Then, we'll send you a code at your registered email address.
- Get the code from your email and enter back in QuickBooks. The program will then guide you through creating a new admin password.
However, if it's for your Online Account, then you'll need to reset your password in the Customer Account Management Portal Site (CAMPS). For additional insight about these processes, I'm also including this article: Reset your password for QuickBooks Desktop
That should do it. With these resources, I'm confident that you'll be able to change your password in no time!
Let me know if you need further assistance. I've got your back and am always willing to lend you a helping hand. Have a good one.