BettyJaneB
QuickBooks Team

Account management

It's good to have you back @Bookkeeper73.

Allow me to provide some more information about the upgrade procedure of your QuickBooks Desktop as well as importing your data.

Upgrading and importing your data to the current version is definitely not a problem. Let me walk you through the process so you can get back on track.

First, you'll need to create a backup copy for your company file and save it on a drive. Once done, you can now purchase/upgrade your QuickBooks to the latest version. After that, you can now restore the backup copy of your company file on the computer. Doing this will import all your data from your previous QuickBooks version.

Also, here's an article about QuickBooks Desktop system requirements that you can read through for your reference: QuickBooks Desktop system requirements. 

For your additional reference, you can check out these articles about the QuickBooks installation process: 

If you need further assistance with this procedure, you may reach out to our Customer Care Team. They have the necessary tools like screen-sharing that will help you all throughout the steps.

This should get you moving today.

Keep me posted if there's anything else you need about this concern or if you have any other questions concerning QuickBooks. I'm always here to help. Have a great day!