jennysooo
Level 1

Check Help

I have a ridiculous question perhaps, but may I write on the QuickBooks checks instead of loading them into my printer and printing on them? Thank you in advance! 

Solved
john-pero
Community Champion

Banking

Yes, you can handwrite checks

View solution in original post

jennysooo
Level 1

Banking

Thank you so much, John!

subieta66
Level 1

Banking

I am having many issues with QB.  I go to "enter bills" I start inputting a new vendor and when I choose the "add new" button the system does not populate allowing me to enter the rest of the company information, and when I try to do something else (anything) the system beeps and I am forced to cntl-alt-dlt and end the task to close QB.  Its like the pop-up box is somewhere that i cannot see it. The work around is to go to vendor center and set up the vendor first. Now i want to "pay bills" I check off what I want to pay and click "ok" but again the system will not take me to the next screen, I am forced again to cntl-alt-dlt. end task and reopen QB. Now I go to "print checks" and the checks are there for me to print.  Now the last problem when the checks print, they are not printing in the same order they are assigning checks numbers.  Yes I have changed printers but the checks still go in upside down so I do not know how to fix the issue. 

IamjuViel
QuickBooks Team

Banking

I appreciate the complete details you've shared, @subieta66.

Let's first make sure your software is updated to the latest version. By doing this, you can download program fixes, improve the performance, stability, and security of QuickBooks on your computer. 

Once completed, you'd want to try adding a new vendor, paying bills, and printing checks. If the issue persists, let's try running the Verify/Rebuild Utility to isolate this concern. This will help us identify the common data issues within your company file. 

To Verify Data:

1. Go to the File menu.
  2. Tap Utilities then Verify Data.
  3. Click OK on the prompt.

To Rebuild Data:

1. Click the File menu.
  2. Go to Utilities and select Rebuild Data.
  3. Hit OK to back up your company file.
  4. Wait until the Rebuild is complete.
  5. Click View Results.

Once finished, you'd want to restart your device to ensure that all components are updated. You can read through this article for more detailed instructions in resolving data damage on your QuickBooks Desktop company file: Fix data damage on your QuickBooks Desktop company file.

Always feel free to get back to us here if you have other questions about navigating around QuickBooks.