ddeluca
Level 1

I need the download for the quickbooks database server manager

contact3
Level 1

Banking

Could we please get updated information. This page is well out of date.
Not applicable

Banking

Hello there, ddeluca!

I'd be glad to help you download the QuickBooks Database Server Manager (QBDBSM).

You'll need to use the same installer wizard for QuickBooks Desktop. Once the software is installed, the QBDBSM comes with it.

To download the installer, please visit this link: https://support.quickbooks.intuit.com/support/ProductUpdates.aspx.

1. Click on Change and select your QuickBooks edition under the Product column.
  2. On the Version column, choose the year.
  3. Click on the Download button.

Then, follow the QuickBooks installation process.

Another option is to install the QuickBooks Database Server Manager alone depending on your network set-up. Run the same installer wizard and during the installation process, choose the option "I will NOT be using QuickBooks on this computer" (take a look at the screenshot below).

Please visit this article for more information: Install, Update, and Set up the QuickBooks Database Server Manager.

That's it! It's really not a hard process at all, but let me know if you need any help. Take care.

stevesw
Level 1

Banking

This instruction is no longer correct. With the Desktop Premier 2018 product, this dialog is skipped and there is no way to proceed without entering license and product codes.
Bill_kfs
Level 1

Banking

You would think that there would be a link in the server manager program to check the version and to get the latest update.  Do they have any programmers on staff?

Tim Rogers
Level 1

Banking

Can confirm. The installer required a license and product code before allowing me to choose not to install the full desktop application.

Rasa-LilaM
QuickBooks Team

Banking

Hello there, customers.

I’d be delighted to clarify about installing the QuickBooks Database Server Manager.

@stevesw and @Tim Rogers you’re correct, when installing the software it’s required that you enter the license and product numbers. @Bill_kfs in regard to the QuickBooks Database Server Manager’s version, you can check it by going to the Control Panel and listed as QuickBooksDBXX. Notate XX represents the version number.

I’m adding a link with detailed instructions on how to install the QuickBooks Database Server Manager.

The information and article I provided should point you in the right direction installing the software.

Let me know if you have any other concerns. Please know the Community has your back. Wishing you the best.

CampCasparIT
Level 1

Banking

Where is a link to download 

QuickBooks Database Server Manager

I have check the link you have listed. No where does it say download QuickBooks Database Server Manager. Can you please just provide a direct link.

Charies_M

Banking

Hi there, ddeluca.

Thanks for getting back. Let's get this straightened out for you.

QuickBooks Database Server Manager doesn't have a direct link to download. You'll need to use the Installation Wizard for QuickBooks Desktop to be able to download it.

All additional information about downloading the QuickBooks Database Server Manager can be found in this article: Install, Update, and Set up the QuickBooks Database Server Manager.

In case you need help from a live support, feel free to contact our QuickBooks Desktop Support. They'll be able to guide you through the whole process.

Here's how you can contact our phone support:

1. You can reach them by following these steps:
  2. Go to https://help.quickbooks.intuit.com/en_US/contactus.
  3. Select QuickBooks Desktop.
  4. Choose your QuickBooks for Windows version.
  5. Click Search for something else and enter a topic.
  6. Click the Get Phone Number button to see the support number.

If you need anything else, please feel free to come back and leave a comment below. Have a good one.

kgardner
Level 3

Banking

There IS such a link in the server manager program and it is a dead link. Page not found.

Angelyn_T
QuickBooks Team

Banking

Hi there, @kgardner.

I'm here to help check this for you.

As mentioned by my colleagues above, you may need to use the installation wizard for QuickBooks Desktop to be able to download the QuickBooks Database Server Manager successfully.

To learn more, you can also visit on the article previously mentioned. If you need further assistance with the process and check the dead link you've mentioned, you can always get in touch with our QuickBooks Dekstop Support. For the support's contact information, you can check on the steps provided above.

Feel free to reach out to us here in the Community by adding a post/comment below if you have any other concerns about QuickBooks Database Server Manager. It's my pleasure to help you!

Alex42
Level 1

Banking

First, search the QuickBooks Installer on the host computer.

Next, double-click the installer & open the installation wizard.

If you see the host computer has ‘Network access’ & you can easily download an update, then click ‘Next’ and follow thereafter.

and if are getting a problem on your Tv. Just visit  Sharp TV Repair Dubai, Our tv repair experts are able to find the problem and solve it at the  Affordable prices.

lifeModder19135
Level 1

Banking

So, just to clarify, are we able to use a product key that we've used already on another client copy of QB, or do we have to pay for another copy of QB desktop just to get the db manager. 

...And if it is the latter, would anyone object to my providing to the community an alternate (and free) solution, which I've already developed under an open-source license, and which works with QB to do the exact same thing as database server manager. 

Candice C
QuickBooks Team

Banking

Good evening, @lifeModder19135

Thanks for joining in on this thread. Let me clarify some information about the QuickBooks Database Server Manager to help answer your question. 

QuickBooks Database Server Manager allows you to share your company files with other computers over your network. Database Server Manager is a part of the QuickBooks Desktop file. This lets multiple users work on the same company file at the same time. If you don't plan to use multi-user access, you don't need the Database Server Manager.

For further details and steps you need to take next, cruise on over to this guide about the QuickBooks Database Server Manager.

Feel free to get back to me for follow-up questions about this or if you need other things with QuickBooks. I'll be right here to help. Have a good one!

lifeModder19135
Level 1

Banking

Sorry if I was a bit vague before. Let me provide a bit more context...

We are currently using desktop in multi user mode...   or at least we are running multiple clients which access a single database. Currently, we are using Right Networks. This is a SaaS solution that lets us achieve this without running multi user mode. For example, on this very machine, I am running QB in Single User mode and accessing the same Company files as my coworkers.

Anyway, I am a software developer by trade, and so I run IT for my mother's accounting firm on the side as a personal favor. She has recently tasked me with developing an in-house solution to replace the services currently provided by Right Networks. This was pretty straight forward. I have developed a solution which stores the company files on an in-house Synology NAS server. At the moment, I am using a program that I created (which replaces database server manager completely) that stores and accesses company files on a local database. 

Although this works well, I also realize that the better solution in the long run would be just to use Quickbooks Database Server Manager on the back end. This way, if intuit decides to completely rewrite the program a year from now, I will only need to update, as opposed to rewriting my own program. I talked to my mother (the company owner) about this, and we decided that we would use the Intuit solution, so long as we do not need to pay for another license. 

I realize that DB Server Manager comes as part of the QB Desktop package. I also realize that you must enter a license / product key in order to install this package. At this point, I am 90% sure that I cannot get a seperate instance of Database Server Manager on our server without first spending money on yet another product key. I just want to confirm and hear it directly from Intuit customer service. 

So my question is this :  Will I need to buy a seperate copy of QuickBooks Desktop in order to install QB Database Server Manager on our local server (which currently does not have Quickbooks Desktop installed, although our client workstations all do have Quickbooks Desktop.)

Thank you for your time.

Tori B
QuickBooks Team

Banking

Hey there, @lifeModder19135.

Thanks for following up with us and providing all the extra details. I'm happy to give additional insight into installing the QuickBooks Data Base Server Manager. 

Great news, you won't need to purchase another copy of QuickBooks Desktop in order to install the Data Base Manager on your server. The process follows as the Data Base Manager is there to host the company file, making it accessible for your users. All you'll need is the license and product numbers from your current version of QuickBooks, then key them in for the install of the Data Base. 

You can use the link that my colleague Candice provided above to complete the install. However, please know that you will need to install the same version of the Data Base Manager as your client workstation QuickBooks are using. 

Once you've installed the Data Base, you can use the same article shared above to configure it. This will help to share the company file. 

Please let me know if you have further questions or concerns about this process. I'll be here every step of the way. Take care and have a great day! 

lifeModder19135
Level 1

Banking

Thank you so much! I know that was a small and specific detail, but you saved me (and hopefully others who stumble across this thread as I did) quite a bit of time. There is a bit of prep that goes into setting up an environment on our server in which QBDBSM will run in a stable condition. I was dreading going through this process only to find out that we would not be using it. You have just put my mind at ease. You are a life saver. Thanks again! 

Lopez1234
Level 1

Banking

Hi ddeluca,

follow the quick steps for complete download.Visit QuickBooks Database Server Manager.

sruthy
Level 1

Banking

If anyone faced a problem with your laptop or macbook please connect with the best laptop service center in Dubai

erickmiser247
Level 1

Banking

Do you know that you can also Open QuickBooks File Without QuickBooks?

QBW (QuickBooks for Windows) is a key file for QuickBooks that is used in conjunction with the QuickBooks money management software to store letters, photos, and financial data. Follow the steps below to open the .qbw file:

To open it, go to the ‘Start’ button and look for the ‘Intuit’ option in the ‘All Programs’ list.
Then choose the QuickBooks company file you’d like to export from QuickBooks.
Right-click on the company file to open it.
To access the company file, fill out the username and password.
Then select the customer service centre.
It’s now time to import the qbw file into Excel by selecting the excel option and then selecting the ‘Export Excel’ option.
Then give the file a name and save it to the desired location by selecting the ‘Export’ option.
The file will open; if your file version has expired or become out of date, go back to the Excel file and import it. This exercise requires MS Excel 2010, and the most recent version.
After the file has been imported, go to the ‘Data’ tab and select ‘Other Resources.’
Now it’s time to check this search for the qbw file in the window by opening the qbw file without QuickBooks. If the file isn’t visible in the window, look for it elsewhere.
You will be able to open QuickBooks files without QuickBooks after you have located the file.

bresciapc
Level 1

Banking

Hello, i have the same problem, i cant download it! 🤷‍♂️

bresciapc
Level 1

Banking

Ok, done! Thank you