FritzF

Banking

Hello there, @tilos1.

Thanks for reaching out to us here in the Community. Allow me to step in for a moment and share some information about deleting transactions in QuickBooks Desktop (QBDT).

Our Top Contributors @Rustler and @Anonymous are both correct. But if you want to reduce the size of your company file, you can condense your file using the Condense Data utility. Please note that this might be an option, but it is not recommended.

Before you start condensing the company file, you can run a report to see the logic of how and what the program uses to determine which transactions it will not condense.

To run the report:

1. Click the File menu at the top.
2. Select Utilities on the drop-down, then Condense Data.
3. In the first window of the wizard, select Transactions before a specific date then enter the appropriate date.
4. Put a checkmark in the checkbox labeled: Optional: Create a report showing which transactions cannot be removed.
5. Choose Next, then Summarize inventory transactions (recommended).
6. Select how your inventory will be Condensed, then select Next.
7. Then click the transaction groups you wish to be removed, then Next.
8. Choose Begin Condense. QuickBooks does not start Condensing but only runs the report.

Now, here's how to Condense your company file:

1. Go back to the first and second step that I've provided above.
2. Go through the wizard and select the options you need. Select Help if assistance is required.
3. Select Begin Condense. Before Condensing starts, QuickBooks will create a backup and an archive copy.

For your reference, you can check out this article for further guidance through the process: Use the Condense Data utility.

That's it! Please let me know how it goes after performing the Condense Utility. Don't hesitate to leave a comment if you have additional questions or I can be of further assistance. Wishing your organization and yourself continued success.