ClayJ
QuickBooks Team

Banking

Hey there, @tilos1.

Allow me to step in and offer some additional insight into this. Your company file, at 373mb, is well within a normal file size. When it comes to size, it is recommended that your file should not exceed 1.5gb. This is because of the Auto Data Recovery (.adr) file. Being a failsafe, this was put in place to automatically back your data up every twelve hours, holding two constant backups: one from 12 hours ago, and one from 24. In the event your actual working database has become too severely damaged, a .adr  file can be used to try and salvage data. So you're good to go as far as the database size is concerned. 

Note: for more information on the .adr file, take a look here: Understanding QuickBooks Auto Data Recovery.

However, if your file is corrupted, you have a few data damage troubleshooting tools at your disposal; the Rebuild and Verify Data utilities. What they do is comb through your company file, fix minor data damage, and notify you of anything that needs to be manually resolved. Here's how to run said utilities:

Run the Rebuild Data utility:

• Go to File, then select Utilities Rebuild Data.
  • On the QuickBooks Information window, select OK. Follow the prompts to save a backup.
  • Select OK when you see Rebuild has completed.

Run the Verify Data utility:

• Go to File, then select Utilities Verify Data.
  • If you see QuickBooks detected no problem with your data, select OK. You may continue using your company file.
  • Should the Verify find an issue with your data, you will be prompted to Rebuild Now or View Errors. Select Close, then perform the steps below.

For your reference, here is an article that can help you further with troubleshooting potential data corruption: Resolve data damage on your company file.

Once you're finished running the diagnostics, your company file should have a clean bill of health. In the event there are still errors in the file, feel free to reach out to me with any questions you may have about this or anything else QuickBooks. It's my goal to make sure you're completely taken care of and all of your concerns are addressed. I'll be here in the Community if you need anything else.