ClayJ
QuickBooks Team

Banking

Hello again, @tilos1.

Thank you for getting back to me on this. To address your concern about the DB file fragments, @Rustler was on the right track with his recommendation of creating and restoring a portable copy of your file. When doing this, it copies and compresses the data, and when you restore the portable file, it re-indexes your file to remove the fragments. I see that you created and restored a portable file before, however, to make sure you're successful in resolving this, I've outlined steps for you down below:

• First, prepare the file by performing a rebuild, followed by a verify once more to ensure there is no data damage to handle.
  • Next, create a portable copy of your company file and save it to your desktop. 
  • Go to File, in the upper left-hand corner and select Close Company File.
  • Once you're on the No Company Open screen, go to File again and select Exit (This will ensure your company file and program are closed properly).
  • Open the company file location on your computer using the Windows File Explorer.
    Note: you can find the file location on the No Company Open screen.
  • Once there, right-click the company file (the extension should be .qbw), select Rename, and add OLD to the end of the file name.
    Note: this will not have a negative effect on your data, but simply renames the file for later purposes.
  • Open QuickBooks again and restore the portable file saved earlier on your desktop.
  • When choosing where to save the restored file, choose the location of your original company data (This is why I recommended renaming the original, so you don't overwrite it).

After the data is restored, check the product information screen. You should see a stark reduction in the number of fragments. For your reference, I'm including the article on creating and restoring portable files and why it's beneficial: Create or restore a QuickBooks portable company file

I want to make sure you're successful in doing this, so please be sure to keep me updated with your progress. Should you have any questions about this, feel free to reach out to me again here in the Community. I look forward to hearing from you.