ClayJ
QuickBooks Team

Banking

Greetings, @Scott_B.

Allow me to share some insight on importing transactions via web connect and bank feeds. It sounds like you may have a damaged account in QuickBooks. The good news is, I can guide you through correcting this with just a few simple steps.

My recommendation is to merge your current credit card account with a new one. This will bring over all of your transactions, so you won't lose that data, and it will be in a new, healthy account. Here's how:

• Go to your Chart of Accounts, right-click the problem account, then select Edit Account.
  • Highlight the Account Name, then click Copy.
  • At the end of the account name, enter an asterisk (*).
  • Go to the Bank Feed Settings tab then click the Deactivate All Online Services radio button.
  • Select Save & Close.
  • Go to the Chart of Accounts and create a new account.
  • Paste the Account name without the asterisk (*).
  • Close and reopen the company file.
  • Go to Chart of Accounts, right-click the account with the asterisk, then select Edit Account.
  • Remove the asterisk and select Save & Close.
  • Click Yes when prompted by the Merge warning dialog box.
  • Set up your account for bank feeds once more.
  • Try downloading transactions to the new merged account.

From this point, if you're still having trouble importing transactions via web connect, or bank feeds, you may need to troubleshoot further. In case that happens, I've included a helpful article for you here. If you have any questions about this or anything else QuickBooks, Don't hesitate to seek me out here in the Community. 

View solution in original post