MonicaG
Level 3

Paying a credit card from a personal account

Hello! There are several uncleared payments to a credit card sitting in the uncleared items report. I checked the credit card account online and confirmed those payments were made. However, they were not made from the business checking account; they were made from other accounts set up on the credit card site. But the payments were recorded in QB as coming from the checking account.

The credit card account was reconciled, despite the fact that the business didn't actually pay them, because whoever was reconciling entered the amount of the payments as a credit in the 'Enter Credit Card Charges' window. In the Expenses Account on that window, she showed the business checking account. 

So she got the credit card to reconcile, but checking account is still showing them as uncleared. 

SO...do I need to undo the credit card recs several months (to cover all of these payments paid from personal accounts)? And how would I enter the payments that came from the boss' personal accounts? And once that's done , can I just delete those transactions where she entered the payments as Credit Card Refund/Credit showing the business checking account?
Sorry if this is confusing.. you can't imagine how it's been the last 10 weeks since I took over this position. If I haven't explained it clearly, please feel free to ask me anything to help explain it better. 

Solved