BettyJaneB
QuickBooks Team

Banking

I appreciate the details you've given, @olgavolk.

I'm here to help share some clarifications on how you can book payments into the credit cards sub-accounts in QuickBooks Online.

When recording payments for credit cards with sub-accounts, if the payment is for the specific sub-account, then you can select the said account. However, if the payment is for the entire account, then you can select the parent account.

To reconcile the accounts you can just look for the account that you've used and match it with the transactions that you've created. To guide you with this process, please refer to this article: How to reconcile accounts. 

To find and match the transactions, here's a helpful article that you can check out: Add and match downloaded banking transactions.

This should get you in the right track, @olgavolk.

Thanks for joining us here, @thegrubber.

In your case, you'll need to reach out to your financial institution to verify if what account is connected to QuickBooks Online. This can be the reason why your transactions are not showing up. Once verified, you can set up your other Amex account as a sub-account so you can use it with your transactions. 

To guide you with this process, here are some articles that you can read through for more details: 

That should do it!

Please know that you guys have me here in the Community if you have any other questions concerning bank accounts. I'm always here to help. Have a good one!