BVB
Level 1

My subscription to QB's payroll expired - and created a problem when running payroll.

My subscription to QB's payroll expired - I ran payroll without noticing this message.  After running payroll I received a message that I had to renew my subscription or certain features of payroll would not run correctly.  I updated my credit card information - the system said that I had the most up to date data for tax tables and I clicked 'OK' and moved on to run payroll.  Unfortunately, I didn't notice that the 'reactivate subscription' message hadn't cleared and I ran payroll and printed the checks.  The taxes ran correctly and I paid those however, the system did not deduct the amounts from the paychecks. I had to wait for Monday for the subscription reactivation to actually clear but, now I have two paychecks that are incorrect - I have already paid out the taxes.  The paycheck information is incorrect in the paycheck detail - so how do I correct the checks - these have not yet been given to the employees yet. 

Any help would be appreciated. 

Solved
Justin C
Level 1

Employees and payroll

If you're running payroll with an expired subscription then it can create a number of issues. Simply follow support team instructions under the issue popup.

see attachment below.

Angelyn_T
QuickBooks Team

Employees and payroll

Hello there, @BVB.

Please allow me to join the thread and help share a little more information about running payroll in QuickBooks Desktopn (QBDT).

If you know the amount of taxes, you can simply enter or override it under the Employee Summary and Company Summary section.

On the other hand, to renew your subscription successfully, I recommend getting in touch with our Support Team to check this further securely. For the support's contact information, you may check it here: Contact the QuickBooks Desktop Customer Support Team.

You can also check this article for additional information about updating billing for QBDT payroll subscription: Update billing for Desktop payroll subscription.

I'll be right here to help you if you have any other payroll concerns, just add a comment below. Have a great day ahead!

View solution in original post