batvalil
Level 3

Time Entry in QuickBooks Online

I would like to use Time Entry in QuickBooks Online; however, for privacy reasons I do not want the entire customer/donor (we are a Not For Profit) list visible to those I grant time sheet only access.  Is there a way to modify what customers populate in the drop down menu?  We would like to use Time Entry for our tutors and consultants to use this feature to log their time.

Thanks!

IamjuViel
QuickBooks Team

Employees and payroll

You've come to the right place, @batvalil.

I'd be glad to help walk you through provisioning a time tracking user access to your tutors and consultants.

Once your tutor or consultant is able to accept the user invitation and create their own login, they'll be routed to the page where they'll be able to enter the number of hours they've worked for the week.

Currently, the  ability to limit your time tracking user's view when selecting the customer or project assigned to them is not yet available.

a7.jpg

Should you have other questions about giving user access in your QuickBooks Online account, feel free to get back to us here in the Community. I'm always here to answer your inquiries.

batvalil
Level 3

Employees and payroll

Thanks for the response.  We can only use this feature if we can limit what the user sees (specifically the customer list).  

Malcolm Ziman
Level 10

Employees and payroll

@batvalil wrote:

We can only use this feature if we can limit what the user sees (specifically the customer list).  

You can't do that even with the fancy new $150 per month version that claims to have enhanced user rights settings. 

batvalil
Level 3

Employees and payroll

I am beginning rethink QuickBooks.   Less features and more money.