MaryGraceS

Employees and payroll

Hi there, @Jwong and @lbiv.

Thank you for visiting the Community. I'm here to help share some information about the enhanced payroll renewal cost. 

Let me address first @Jwong's question. Yes, you still have all the old records in your account after activating the new subscription.

We just need to make sure that it'ss registered and activated on the correct account. If you need help checking the activation status, feel free to reach out to our Payroll Support.

They have the tools to verify that you have the latest payroll service in the account and in QuickBooks. For more details, I recommend checking this article: Activate QuickBooks Desktop Payroll Basic, Standard, or Enhanced.

Next, let me address @lbiv's question. As what @LilyC mentioned, the payroll service from the retail store is cheaper because they purchase various products in bulk, which enables them to get larger discounts.

Also, the renewal fee is based on the type of payroll service you're using. It's possible that you have the Standard Payroll service.

It is more expensive because it's on older legacy technology, and therefore requires more resources to support and maintain it to make sure that your tax table is updated.

To know which service you have activated in QuickBooks Desktop, go to Employees> My Payroll Service> Manage Service Key. In the QuickBooks Service Keys window, find the payroll service name in the SERVICE NAME list.

To check pricing structure that will fit your business better and the features that you need, I recommend checking the articles below: 

If you need help checking, the type of payroll you're using or additional questions about the payroll features, feel free to reach out to our Payroll Support. They have the tools to check your account securely.  

Here's how to reach them:

1. Go to http://payroll.intuit.com/support/contact/.

2. Select your Payroll Subscription type.

3. Select a topic.

4. Click on the View Contact Info button.​

Drop a comment below if you have any other questions about payroll. I'll be happy to help you further.