KhimG
QuickBooks Team

Employees and payroll

Hi there, @rltv.

Thanks for reaching out to the Community. I’m here to help clear out the red warning for your state quarterly tax.

Since you already paid the amount in QuickBooks, let’s create a prior payment to remove the state tax from the Pay Liabilities tab.

Here’s how:

1. Click the Help menu at the top and select About QuickBooks.
  2. On your keyboard, press Ctrl + Alt + Y to open the Setup YTD Amounts window.
  3. Select Next until you reach the Enter prior payments section.
  4. Click Create Payment.
  5. Fill in the Payment Date and For Period Ending date accordingly.
  6. In the Taxes and Liabilities field, choose the payroll tax item you’ve already paid and then enter the 0.01 on the Amount column.
  7. Click on the Accounts Affected button and select Affect liability accounts but not the bank account. By doing so, the prior payment will not affect or show up in the bank register.
  8. Continue to the next by selecting Next Payment. Once all payments have been entered, click Done to save your work.
  9. Hit Finish.

For additional information as well as screenshots for the steps above, visit the following link: Enter historical tax payments in QuickBooks Desktop Payroll.

That should clear out the tax liability from the Pay Liabilities tab. 

Please give this a try and let me know if it corrects the issue. I’m always here to keep helping. Take care!