RaymondJayO

Employees and payroll

Hi there, @kcarlsen2

I appreciate you performing the first three steps in setting up manual payroll. Let's get the fourth and fifth steps to show on your desktop screen.

It's possible the Internet Explorer was not yet configured in your computer, which is why you're unable to see the fourth and fifth steps. 

First, let's make sure you’ve set Internet Explorer as your default browser. Here's how: 

1. Open your Internet Explorer.
  2. Select the Gear/Settings icon at the top. 
  3. Choose Internet Options.
  4. Select the Programs tab.
  5. Click Make Default under Default Web Browser.
  6. Click OK.

Then, you can perform the steps on how to verify Internet Explorer settings through this helpful article

If you're receiving a Page cannot be displayed error while enabling manual payroll, there is currently an investigation about this. You can perform the steps below as an alternative method. Here's how:

1. Close QuickBooks.
  2. Open the Windows File Explorer.
  3. Go to C:\Program data/Intuit/QuickBooks20XX.
  4. The Program data file is usually hidden. If you can't find it, click View and choose Hidden Items.
  5. Find the QBW.ini file, then open it by double-clicking the file.
  6. Scroll down to the bottom and add this entry: [SELFHELPPLUGIN] and Enabled=0. 
  7. Make sure to follow the exact format, then close the file.
  8. Open QuickBooks, and set up manual payroll again

Once done, please go back to the QBW.ini file to remove the entry you added. Here's how:

1. Close QuickBooks.
  2. Open the Windows File Explorer.
  3. Go to C:\Program data/Intuit/QuickBooks20XX.
  4. Double-click the QBW.ini file.
  5. Scroll down and remove the entry.
  6. Click Save and close
  7. Reopen QuickBooks.

To help you add to the notification list, I suggest contacting our QuickBooks Desktop Customer Support Team. This way, your issue will be taken care of and you'll be able to get updates about the issue via email. 

If there's anything else you need, drop me a comment below. I'll be here to help.