sherri1
Level 1

Can I change what is shown on my check stubs...specifically I need our customer number/account number on the stub

currently there is a line at the bottom of each stub that shows the bank account name where the money is coming from...I'd like to get that off! ...and I'd really like to have a way to include our customer numbers/account number for each vendor on my accounts payable stubs

Solved
VivienJ
QuickBooks Team

Employees and payroll

Hello sherri,

Thanks for sending us your check voucher concern today.

We can customize the information that displays and prints on a check voucher.  Please note though that QuickBooks prints the following information by default; Payee, Date, Amount, and Memo

Here's how to customize:

1. Click the Edit menu at the top, then select Preferences.
  2. Select Checking, then click Company Preferences.
  3. Put a check mark in Print account names on voucher.
  4. Remove the check mark in Autofill payee account number in check memo.
  5. Click OK.
This will give you the information you need. If there's anything else you need, don't hesitate to leave me a comment below. 

View solution in original post

Anonymous
Not applicable

Employees and payroll

This did not change anything. How do I get my bank's name to stop being in the voucher? It is combining with the vendor # on the voucher.
VivienJ
QuickBooks Team

Employees and payroll

Hello there @Molon,

QuickBooks Desktop doesn't have an option to remove the bank's name when printing voucher. If the check vouchers are not printing correctly, it can be caused by an outdated Adobe Reader.

Ensuring that your Adobe Reader is updated would be the first thing to do. Then, let’s make sure it’s set up as the default PDF viewer in your browser.

To guide you through the process, please see the second section in this article:

<a rel="nofollow" target="_blank" href="https://community.intuit.com/articles/1430326">https://community.intuit.com/articles/1430326</a>

Let me know how these steps work out to you.
qbteachmt
Level 15

Employees and payroll

"How do I get my bank's name to stop being in the voucher? It is combining with the vendor # on the voucher."

Open the Chart of Accounts and Edit checking and shorten the name. For instance:

Checking

Or,

BofA Chking

kpv
Level 2

Employees and payroll

We wanted to change the check stub too...we found a way to have the account name/number to appear on the stub which is much better.

If you use "Enter Bills" [ although there are detail lines with account name and memo etc] and then use "Pay Bills" to select bills to pay and print checks, the account name and details DO NOT show in the stub.

However if you instead use "Write Checks" and complete the detail and memo, when the check is printed it WILL show the account name and memo details on the check stub.  If you enter multiple detail line items, they all show yup on the stub when printed.  This is huge for us and hopefully will help others who want this.

The small issue is that you won't have those pending bills to pay when due... but something very close.  Instead, when a bill is received, we create a check with the future intended pay date for the date and the check remains "To Print"... and you can easily see them in the register to see what is upcoming and select them using "Print Checks".   We file the paper bill in a 31-day calendar folder and pull out each day's bills, then print the checks for that day.  This is an easy choice for us as the info on the stub is SO helpful.   QB should treat the details entered using Enter Bills the same as Write Checks but until they do this works great.

FritzF

Employees and payroll

Greetings, @kpv.

Thanks for joining this conversation.

I appreciate you sharing the complete steps you've done to get this working. Posting your experience here in the Community will help other customers to use this as an additional solution if they get the same concern.​

Just in case, you can also check out this article for future reference: Create, modify, and print checks.

Let me thank you for being a part of our QuickBooks family. Please post again or leave a comment below if you have any other questions or concerns. I'm always here to help. Wishing you and your business continued success!

erin22
Level 1

Employees and payroll

Does anyone have the instructions for this problem but for the ONLINE version??

JonpriL

Employees and payroll

Hello @erin22,

Printing your check always follows the standard format of checks details. The details can be found in the payee profile you've created. You can read this article for more ideas about printing your checks: How to print checks?

In case you need some related articles in handling your expenses and vendor transactions, you can always visit our Income and Expenses page for reference.

If there's anything else that I can help you with, please let me know in the comments. I"ll be always around ready to help.

TCAC Treasurer
Level 1

Employees and payroll

It doesn’t seem like anyone successfully answered the initial question. The bank account name, that you must select at the top when writing the check, is printing on the check voucher and we don’t want it to. I’ve deselected “autofill payee account number in check memo”, however the account name is still printing. Please help!

BettyJaneB
QuickBooks Team

Employees and payroll

Thanks for joining us here in the community, @TCAC Treasurer.

I've got some insights to share about why account name is still printing on the voucher.

At this time, being able to remove the account name when printing a voucher isn't available. This has been set on the template. You can only account eliminate the payee account number since it's optional in the system.  

To learn more on what are the thing that can be done in QuickBooks Desktop, I suggest checking out this link: Create, modify, and print checks.

I'd also encourage you to visit our Firm of the Future site, to be updated with our latest news and updated. From there, you'll be can see our road-maps on how we value each business's needs. 

In addition, here are some resources hat you can use in case you encounter issues with printing checks in QBDT:

Let me know if you have any other questions about this or with QUickBooks. I'll always be here to help. Take care!

nonpro
Level 1

Employees and payroll

Does the above information apply to the ONLINE version as well?  No way to remove the account the money is being withdrawn from, from being printed on the check voucher/stub???

IntuitLily

Employees and payroll

Welcome to the Community forum, @nonpro.

Yes, the option to hide or remove the account used on the check is also not available using the online version. When printing checks in QuickBooks Online, you can only set up alignment if needed.

Keep me posted if you have follow-up questions or concerns. I'm always around if you need help.

gheateratriteair
Level 1

Employees and payroll

there is no edit menu.  I need this for Qbooks online version

Stergynski
Level 1

Employees and payroll

We just moved from desktop (on a remote server) to online and finding a couple things not working.  Most problematic is that invoice information doesn't print out on check vouchers.  I saw a workaround from a couple years back which requires us to not use the A/P function essentially.  that can't be the only solution, right?

Nick_M
QuickBooks Team

Employees and payroll

Hi there, Stergynski. 

Thanks for stopping by the Community today, I'm happy to clarify, depending on the information you're referring too, it may not be available in QuickBooks Online. Can you clarify on what information specifically is missing when you print? Also, is the information showing prior to printing or is it missing entirely? If its missing entirely and you want to see if its applicable, you can go ahead and try creating a custom form template. This will allow you to create a custom invoice. Follow these steps below to do so:

1. Click the gear icon in the top right corner. 
  2. Under Your Company click, Custom Form Styles
  3. Click New Style, and choose Invoice.
  4. Edit it as you decide, then Save

That should do it, I look forward to your response so I can help give you a more specific answer to your problem. Thank you for your time and I hope you have a lovely afternoon.

Stergynski
Level 1

Employees and payroll

First, we're on QBOnline--as I know it varies for desktop vs online.

We usually enter bills and then pay from list of open bills.  When we did this, the invoice # and notes included in the "enter bill" screen did not print on the check stub when we paid the bill (with physical check).  This is pretty standard for nonprofits and bookkeeping every where. Right?!  I've included the test check: I tried to put in info but nothing showed up from the "bill" that was entered.

Rose-A

Employees and payroll

I'd like to share some information regarding printing checks in QuickBooks Online, Stergynski.

I appreciate the screenshot you're provided. The check number and other bank details will not show up in the voucher when printing checks for vendors.

QuickBooks only allow you to print the check number using pre-print checks. This means that the check or invoice number is already on the check stock.

To know about printing checks in QuickBooks Online, you can go through this article: Print a check. It provides steps on how you can add them to the print queue as well as a link on how to resolve alignment issues.

In the meantime, I'd encourage you to visit our QuickBooks Blog site. This way you'll stay informed about the product updates as well as business tips from our accountants.

Feel free to leave a comment below to keep me posted if there's anything else I can help you with or if you have any follow-up questions in mind about check printing in QuickBooks. I'll zip right back to help you out.

khay
Level 1

Employees and payroll

Is it possible to change what is shown on check stubs when using ONLINE QB? I do NOT want what I write in the "description" area listed on check stubs. I only want "memo" to appear.

KennethA_
QuickBooks Team

Employees and payroll

Thank you for reaching out to us, khay.

I'll be glad to help you with your check stubs concern.

The alternative to customize the check stubs is currently not available in  QuickBooks Online. 

Your feedback is very important, you can submit it to us.

Here's how:  

1. Go to the Gear icon.
  2. Choose Feedback.
  3. Provide your comments and select Next.
  4. Select Skip and send a message.
  5. Select the appropriate category for your feedback.
  6.  Click Send message option.

Your comment will be sent to our Product Developments team to help develop your QuickBooks experience.

You can also check on this article: Print pay stubs in QuickBooks Online `for more information about check stubs.

We're always here in the Community to help if you have other questions related to check stubs in QuickBooks. Stay safe!

newyorktutor
Level 5

Employees and payroll

Hi Vivien

Is this option - to print account name on voucher checks - available in QuickBooks Online? thank you

Tori B
QuickBooks Team

Employees and payroll

Hi there, @newyorktutor

Thanks for following along with the thread and sharing your concerns here in the QuickBooks Community.

You'll need to use the pre-printed QuickBooks compatible voucher when using QuickBooks Online. To obtain the correct voucher, contact our QuickBooks Checks & Supplies for the available voucher that can print the account names. 

Allow me to route you directly to the right support that can help provide options about the check you can use. The contact number is provided in the upper right corner of this site: https://intuitmarket.intuit.com/checks.

For additional information about this process, check out Order checks, tax forms, and other supplies.

Please don't hesitate to let me know if you have any questions or concerns. I'm always around to lend a hand. Take care! 

newyorktutor
Level 5

Employees and payroll

Thanks Tori. We already use voucher checks. I was hoping to get account/class to print on the voucher using QB Online.

Cindy 2
Level 1

Employees and payroll

Seems like a lot of customers want to be able to print the account number on the check stub.  We all had that in QB Desktop.  Why can't you make that happen???

Jami R
Level 1

Employees and payroll

QBO how do I get to the Edit Menu to do this?