BettyJaneB
QuickBooks Team

Employees and payroll

Hi there, Peterbilt-359.

I'd like to start by thanking you for allowing QuickBooks the opportunity to serve your bookkeeping needs. I'd be happy to walk you through in setting up Direct Deposit for your contractors.

You'll need to set up your bank account information to activate your Direct Deposit.

Here's how:

1. Select Workers from the left menu, then select Contractors.
  2. Select on Get Started.
  3. Select on Set up Direct Deposit.
  4. Select Add bank. Enter your banking credentials or bank account information.
  5. After entering bank information, a test transaction must be entered to verify bank account on file. If a bank account was connected with your banking credentials, you will not see this prompt.

After that, if you used one of our eight partner banks (Wells Fargo, BB&T Bank, USAA, Chase, Bank of America, US Bank, TD Bank, and Citi Bank) you can connect your bank instantly. Other banks can be connected through our regular bank verification process and this can take up to 3 business days. 

For more details in performing these steps, please refer to this article: Contractor Direct Deposit for QuickBooks Online Payroll. 

Also, if you need further assistance all throughout the process you can always give our Customer Care Team a call so they can discuss this matter with you. 

This should get you on the right track @Peterbilt-359

Please know that I'm just a reply away if you have further questions. Have a great day!