AldrinS
QuickBooks Team

Employees and payroll

Hi there, jennrobe.

You've come to the right place. Adjusting the company paid health insurance amount is my specialty.

Ideally, the appropriate way to clear this amount is to edit each paycheck and remove the Health Insurance (company paid) payroll item. However, that will take a long time to accomplish, especially if you have a lot of paychecks.

To easily fix this, you could do a payroll liability adjustment. Allow me to walk you through the steps on how to do it:

1. From the Employees menu, select Payroll Taxes and Liabilities, then Adjust Payroll Liabilities.
  2. Choose the correct Effective Date. It should be the same date as the last paycheck of the affected quarter.
  3. In the Adjustment is for section, select Company Adjustment.
  4. Click the Item Name column and choose the correct health insurance payroll item.
  5. In the Amount field, enter the total amount.
    - Make sure to enter a negative amount to decrease the amount.
  6. Click the Accounts Affected button, then select Affect liability and expense accounts.
  7. Hit OK to save the entry.

All of this information and more is available from our guide on how to adjust payroll liabilities. That should do it. With these resources, I'm confident you'll be able to clear the amount off of your forms and reports.

Keep in touch with me here if there's anything else you need. I always got your back. Thanks for reaching out, wishing you and your business the best.

View solution in original post