Kim23
Level 3

YTD Payroll Entry

How do I delete an incorrect entry that was entered via YTD Payroll? I zeroed out the amounts but the transaction is still listed. 

Solved
SophiaAnnL

Employees and payroll

QuickBooks Desktop gives you options to delete or correct your YTD entries, Kim23.

You can correct the YTD paychecks if the tax tracking type of a payroll item, tax, and the wage base calculation are wrong.

To delete a YTD entry, simply follow these steps:

1. Click Employees at the top.
  2. Select Payroll Center from the drop-down.
  3. Click the Transactions tab on the left panel.
  4. Click the Year-To-Date Adjustments.
  5. Find the YTD entry that you want to delete and double click to open it.
  6. Press CTRL + D on your keyboard.
  7. Click OK when you get the Are you sure you want to delete this YTD Adjustment? warning.

I'll be here if you need more help with this. Thanks for dropping by.

View solution in original post

Larrylife1
Level 1

Employees and payroll

I'm running a payroll that includes the health insurance in box 1 for a 2% Shareholder.  The company pays the premium. What entries do you make for the S-corp in QB so health insurance isn't deducted twice on the 1120S, once when you pay the wages and then when the company pays the premium?  

Candice C
QuickBooks Team

Employees and payroll

Hey there, @Larrylife1

It's great to see a new face here in the Community. I hope your day is going well so far. 

I've got the information to answer your question. This guide that's provided by me will help you apply S Corp Medical at year end for cooperate officers. Here's the article: Apply S Corp Medical at year end

If you still have issues afterward, then I recommend consulting with your accountant to be sure. They'll be able to give you the best accounting advice for your business. 

Let me know how it goes. I want to make sure that you're able to get back to running your business. I value you as a customer. Feel free to ask any additional questions if you have them. Have a great day!