annanderic
Level 2

NEED Help! switch from desktop to online, now I cannot file payroll form with desktop!

Dear all,

I switched to QB payroll online from QB payroll desktop on March 2018 with recommendation of Intuit. At that time, I was told that when the time comes to processing the tax forms for 2018, I can call back to the payroll desktop department, ask for temporary activation of QB payroll desktop and file my forms for the payrolls that were processed with the desktop payroll service. 

Now it is that time, I need to file my annual form 940 and W-2. Today, I call intuit to ask the desktop payroll service to activate my subscription temporarily. I have been on phone with them for over 2 hours. I was treated like I am  dirt that is worthless unless I pay for a new desktop payroll subscription and a new Quickbooks software. But I AM A CURRENT CUSTOMER OF INTUIT, I just switched to online products.  I am really amazed how Intuit can treat loyal customers like me so horribly, and how this company is still in business.  

I cannot even pull the data for the 2018 from my QB payroll desktop, nor create a printable form. What am I going to do? Do I tell IRS that Intuit is holding hostage of my data for Jan and Feb 2018, and I cannot file the forms as result? PLEASE HELP ME!!!!

Solved