jimbcpa
Level 1

How do I edit company information?

How do I edit the employer address in Enhanced Payroll

HoneyLynn_G
QuickBooks Team

Employees and payroll

Hi there, @jimbcpa.

Welcome to the Intuit Community. I'm the right person to help you edit the employer address in Enhanced Payroll.

1. Click Company.
  2. Choose My Company.
  3. Click the Edit button.
  4. If you're referring to the company address, you can edit the address on the Contact Information tab.
  5. If you're referring to the address on the tax forms, choose Legal Information then update the information.
  6. Click OK to save the changes.

For additional insights, you can refer to this article: Change legal name and address of your company in QuickBooks.

That should get you on the right track, jimbcpa.

Drop me a comment below if you have follow up questions about editing company information or payroll. I'm still here if you need further assistance. Wishing you and your business continued success.

debbiedueck
Level 1

Employees and payroll

I want to edit my company address so it will print on my tax forms.  From the Quickbooks menu when I click on Company I do not get the same items in the Drop Down menu that you describe.  There is no place it will allow me to edit my company.  

I'm sending a picture of what my Drop Down menu looks like...

thanks

Debbie

MaryLandT

Employees and payroll

Hi there, debbiedueck,

Thanks for the screenshot. It looks like you're using QuickBooks Desktop (QBDT) for Mac. The steps provided by my colleague above is for the Windows version.

The following steps outlined below will guide you through changing the company address in QBDT for Mac. 

1. Go to the QuickBooks menu, then select Preferences.
  2. Under General, click My Company.
  3. Select the Legal tab, then enter the correct company name and address that should appear on your payroll forms.

Should you need anything else concerning payroll, don't hesitate to leave a comment below. I always have your back.

wlarkins
Level 1

Employees and payroll

That process does not update the company information on the state and fed tax forms. Windows QB Desktop Pro with Enhanced payroll

Ethel_A
QuickBooks Team

Employees and payroll

Thank you for posting here in the Community, @wlarkins.

I understand how important this is to you. Thank you for performing the steps provided by my colleagues above.

Since you can't update on your end by following the process above, I recommend running some basic troubleshooting steps to clear this out. To start, update QuickBooks Desktop to its latest release. Doing this will keep your software up-to-date and fix some minor data issues.

Here's how:

1. Go to the Help menu and select Update QuickBooks Desktop.
  2. Click the Update Now tab.
  3. Select Get Updates to start the download.
  4. When the download finishes, restart QuickBooks.
  5. Once prompted, accept the option to install the new release.

I advise running the Verify and Rebuild Data tools if you have the same outcome. Within a company file, Verify Data self-identifies the most typical data problems. Rebuild Data, on the other hand, fixes the majority of proven data integrity problems.

Then, you can start changing your business information in QuickBooks Desktop.

Keep in touch with me if you still need more help updating your company information. Leave a comment below. I'll be here. Keep Safe!