mpryslak
Level 2

Employees and payroll

OK, I logged into the TN state system for submitting this information manually.  I also ran the QuickBooks desktop report, which when I first saw it I realized was created to give me the information the online system would be asking for.  However, when I got to the point of entering the detailed information for each employee, the TN system warned me,

"Our records show that you have never filed a report with this system.
In order to accurately calculate Excess Wages and the amount of Premium Due, be sure that the Prior Wage amount given for each employee is correct.

The calculation of Premium Due and any Excess Wages is based on the current taxable wage base. The taxable wage base is determined by the Trust Fund Balance as of December 31 of the prior year. Please visit https://www.tn.gov/workforce/article/ui-tax-rates for the current taxable wage base.
"

So my question is, how do I get the Prior Wage amount for each employee that I have in the 4th Quarter?  This amount is not printed on the QB Wage Report Worksheet.  See the attached .jpg file that shows what I'm seeing on the TN website.

The way I understand it is that if a particular employee has earned enough in the first three quarters (and we paid the premium for them) then we won't have to pay any more premium for that employee.

Thank you,

Mike Pryslak