Re: Payroll restoration
I’m happy to see you in the Community, jburmester.
It’s my priority that the payroll information recorded in QuickBooks are accurate.
To avoid duplication, you can use the enter prior payroll method to input paychecks and deductions. Let me walk you through the steps.
- Go to Help at the top menu bar, then choose About QuickBooks.
- Press Ctrl + Alt + Y, or Ctrl + Shift + Y on your keyboard to open the Setup YTD Amount window.
- In the Set Up YTD Amounts window, follow the instructions on how to enter the year-to-date payroll and select Next.
- Enter the date you want to enter the year-to-date entries, then choose Next.
- Choose the employee you’re working on, then click on the Enter Summary button to open the YTD Adjustment window.
- Fill in the necessary fields.
- Input the wage information into the Earnings Items box.
- Select how you want the YTD adjustment to affect your Chart of Accounts.
- Follow the same process for each employee.
- Once done, click on Finish.
Here’s an article that provides more details and screenshots about the steps: Enter historical payroll data.
If taxes were already paid, make sure to record them in QuickBooks to ensure your payroll records are in order. To visually guide you through the process, check out this article and proceed to the Enter historical tax payments outside the payroll setup window section.
There you go. Your payroll information should now be complete.
If you need further assistance with any of the steps, post a comment below. I'll be around to help. Wishing you the best.