QwltrActnt
Level 2

Employees and payroll

Thanks, qbteachmt,

@qbteachmt wrote:

For this: "as in the many, many years past that I have been showing students how to access this."

Every Student File packet I use for class includes Payroll functionality in the sample file. You don't need to enable Manual Payroll to teach Payroll.

However, the Sample files use the Payroll Center, which is no longer available in the versions used with the textbook.  Only the Employee Center is available to students, so I would be able to show them how to work payroll with a system not available in their version, and then they would not be able to complete their textbook assignments, as they would not be able to turn on manual payroll in the student files on their own computers.  This is not an acceptable solution.  As soon as my time coordinates with the QB Contact hours, I'll be continuing to work for a solution that I can use in the class and the one that starts in a few weeks.  It's beyond frustrating to see that this has been going on for several months, and no one can post a workable solution or workaround for this issue, other than one that recommends calling QB Contact for assistance.

I don't have to wonder how business owners feel about it if they'd been used to doing manual payroll - that QB is engineering this to get them to purchase QB's own payroll services, where they wouldn't have to deal with this issue?  Since the Payroll Center is gone from the 2018 version (and I taught using it for years in the 2015 version, so I know how helpful it was), I can see why they might think this.