tparker
Level 1

View my paycheck

How do I set up our company for view my paychecks. I have all their emails and normally just email their paystubs. 

SterlingD
QuickBooks Team

Employees and payroll

Hello, @tparker.

Welcome to the Community. I'll be happy to explain how your employees can access their paystubs.

QuickBooks Payroll is now using a new website called Workforce instead of view my paychecks. The set up is simple and your employees will be able to accomplish this.

Please provide this information to your employees before they sign up:

• Check with your employer to see if QuickBooks Workforce is available for your company.
  • Make sure you have your Social Security number (SSN) handy. And the net amount of your last paycheck issued by the company. The net amount is your take-home pay. We'll need this info to verify who you are. And match you with the correct company and paycheck info.
    Example image of pay chec

To sign up:

1. Go to QuickBooks Workforce.
  2. Select Sign Up.
  3. Sign up for an Intuit account. An Intuit account allows you to access multiple sites and products with one user ID and password.
    You'll be asked to provide an email address, a password, and a security question and answer. In case you need to recover your password.
    (Note: If you already use an Intuit product, such as TurboTax, then you may already have an Intuit account. If you already have one, we'll prompt you to use that account to sign up for QuickBooks Workforce.)
  4. Enter your SSN and the net pay amount from your last paycheck issued by the company.

Once they complete this process they will be able to view their paychecks with ease. 

For more information on setting up Workforce, click here.

If you have any other questions, please don't hesitate to reach out.

Carol160
Level 1

Employees and payroll

We switched from desktop QB to online QB in May of 2017.  Then switched back to desktop QB in January of 2018, due to our database size.

As of 3/8/2019, employees were able to view their paychecks online.  I know there was a switch-over to QB Workforce, however my employees cannot access their recent pay because we are no longer using QB online. (I have tried entering the social security # and most recent net pay; it takes the employee to the same page, which shows the latest paycheck from Feb 2018.)  Is there another site for desktop users to utilize?  Any suggestions/help is much appreciated.

Thank you,

Carol

Anonymous
Not applicable

Employees and payroll

Thanks for joining our forum, @Carol160,

Increasing database size indicates your business is doing great. Congratulations on your venture! I can share some information on how to set up online pay stub access for employees in QuickBooks Desktop.

Great news! You can now let your employees view their paystubs online using QuickBooks Workforce. To enable this service, you must have an active payroll subscription with us.

To turn on this feature, follow the steps below:

1. Open QuickBooks and sign in as the Admin.
  2. Click the Employees menu at the top.
  3. Select Manage Payroll Cloud Services.
  4. Mark the QuickBooks Workforce box.
  5. On the to the Confirm PIN box, enter your payroll service PIN.
  6. Hit Save Changes.
  7. Press Return To QuickBooks in the confirmation window.

Once done, you can now add your employee's SSN and email to their profile in QuickBooks. Here's how:

1. Go to the Employees tab and select Employee Center.
  2. Double-click the Employee Name.
  3. On the Personal topic, add the Social Security No.
  4. Go to Address & Contact, add the Main Email.
  5. Click OK.

To upload historical checks online, perform these steps:

1. Click the File menu.
  2. Choose Print Forms then Print Pay stubs.
  3. Mark the paystubs you want to upload.
  4. Press Send Online.

Have your employees access QuickBooks Workforce website so they can set up their account.

That should get you on the right track, @Carol160. Here are some articles to guide you with the complete process:

Please update me on how it goes. I'm here to lend you a helping hand whenever you needed it. Have a good one!

Mrhanek
Level 1

Employees and payroll

So maybe I'm missing something but there is no sign "up" for me literally anywhere on the screen, only sign "IN". I've tried making an Intuit account through other means but when I try to load up viewmypaycheck it just tells it can't load my information. I have not been able to find any sort of prompt to set up an account and I've followed like 5 different links that have lead to the same login site and I'm actually beginning to get really frustrated with this whole situation. PLEASE HELP

JessT

Employees and payroll

I got you here, Mrhanek, and I will give you the details you need from start to finish.

Your employer will need to send you an email invitation about viewing your paystubs online. The email contains a link (Get access for paychecks) that will let you sign up an Intuit account.

If your employer hasn't invited you yet, you can tell them to do so. This article can guide them: Give employees online access to paychecks and W-2's.

I also have another article that will guide you from signing up an account to viewing your paystubs and W2s. Please check this out: QuickBooks Workforce: Access your paychecks and W-2’s online.

Please don't work too much on finding the information you need by yourself. We're here to help you with that.

Jonandshelli4ever
Level 1

Employees and payroll

My employer says they setup the view my paycheck information but the only email I received did not give any links to click. I set up my own intuit account but it never asked me for a Social security number or last pay amount.  And when I log in I get an error message.  Help please! 

RenjolynC
QuickBooks Team

Employees and payroll

Hi there, Jonandshelli4ever.

Were you able to successfully log in, but encountered an error when viewing the paycheck information? If so, you can contact our Customer Care Team to grant you the paychecks access.

You can reach out to us via chat support here: Need help with QuickBooks Workforce?.

I'm also adding this article for reference: QuickBooks Workforce: Access your paychecks and W-2’s online.

If you're getting the same result, please reach out to your employer, so they can resend the invitation. 

I'd appreciate any additional questions you have. Thanks.

RajN
Level 1

Employees and payroll

I am seeing only stubs till dec 2018, nothing after that.  Please fix ASAP!

RaymondJayO

Employees and payroll

Hello there, @RajN

Viewing your paychecks helps you track your payroll data, employee info, and taxes so you'll be ready when you file W-2 forms at year-end. Rest assured I'm here to share with you the possible reasons and solutions so you can see your 2019 payroll data on the Workforce website.

• If you're the employer, you haven't created paychecks for yourself in 2019. Just ran payroll in the program depending on the QuickBooks version you're using: QuickBooks Desktop Payroll and QuickBooks Online Payroll
  • If you're the employee, your employer haven't run payroll for you in 2019. I'd suggest contacting your employer to verify if they created paychecks for you. 
  • Your employer might be using other payroll provider after December 2018 if you're the employee. Contact your employer for this so you can view your paychecks using their payroll software. 

However, if none of the solutions work, I'd suggest getting in touch with our Customer Care Team. They are available from 6:00 AM to 6:00 PM PT (Monday to Friday). They can double-check your account and help fix your Workforce concerns. 

Once fixed, you can download and print your paychecks and W-2's. You can also update your email address or password for your account. To learn more about this process, visit this article: Access Your Paychecks and W-2's Online.

Keep me posted if you have other concerns. I'll be right here to help, @RajN