Anonymous
Not applicable

Employees and payroll

Hi there, @sfister,

Welcome back to our forum and thanks for sharing additional information about your paystub issue. I can share some insights on how to get past the problem.

May I know if you recently upgraded your QuickBooks version or have updated your file to the current release? If yes, this error usually occurs due to corruptions on the new Data Encryption code within the company file during the update.

There are a few ways to do to resolve the YTD balance error:

Option 1: Reset the Admin User Password to re-encrypt the file

1. Make sure your QuickBooks is up to date.
  2. Open your company file and sign-in as Admin.
  3. To update users, go to the Company menu.
  4. Select Users then Set up Users and Roles.
  5. Delete and recreate all users except Admin.
  6. Once done, run the Verify/Rebuild tool.
  7. Try recreating the paystubs this time.

Option 2: Restore the QuickBooks file prior to upgrade to prior version of QuickBooks (for new upgrade).

1. Please make sure to create a backup copy of your current company file to avoid any accidental data loss.
  2. Find the QuickBooks Desktop company file or backup from the previous upgrade.
  3. Look for the old QuickBooks Dektop version. If you already uninstalled the old version, you'll need to reinstall it.
  4. Restore the old copy(backup) to the previous Desktop version to upgrade the company file.
  5. Follow the steps in Option 1.
  6. Once done, upgrade the file back to the new version.

That should fix the blank YTD on your paystubs, @sfister. Please let me know how this goes. I'm here to help you when you need further help. Have a great day!