Experienced Member

Direct Deposit fees charged by Quickbooks

Can someone please share with me where it states when signing up for Enhanced Payroll that the company will be charged for each direct deposit? I have found it in nothing that was given to me when purchasing or installing enhanced payroll that alerted me to direct deposit fees.

Established Community Backer ***

Re: Direct Deposit fees charged by Quickbooks

Q: How much does Direct Deposit cost?

A: Direct Deposit is free with your subscription to Enhanced Payroll. By using Direct Deposit, you no longer need to print pay stubs, since employees can view their paystubs online.

The above statement however despite being attached to desktop payroll is wrong, free DD is only for Online (but like most things INtuiut I cannot find the correct statement about pricing)

Experienced Member

Thank you for the response. I asked Quickbooks to send me the information where we are made aware of these fees, but they have sent me nothing. 

QuickBooks Team

Hello there, @laurabest.

I’d like to take this opportunity to share additional resources on how direct deposit works in QuickBooks Desktop Payroll.

To start with, activating Direct Deposit is free. However, there’s a fee per paycheck transactions for bank-to-bank processing or transfer fees paid by the Employer. This is charged at the time the payroll is processed and may vary depending on your product subscription.

For a detailed information, you may check out these articles: 

On the other hand, there would be a need for us to verify the direct deposit charges you’ve received on a secured environment. Since the Community space is a public forum, I’d recommend reaching out to our Payroll Support Team. They can provide you the detailed information about your account and check the direct deposit fees charged to you.

Here's how:

1. Go to Help.
  2. Select QuickBooks Desktop Help.
  3. In the Have a Question window, click Contact Us.
  4. Choose Search for Something else.
  5. Type in a key word about your concern.
  6. Click Search.
  7. Hit Start a Message.

Keep in touch with us here in the Community if you have other questions about the processing direct deposit payroll. I'm always here to help.