britneyboersma
Level 1

reactivate subscription alert

My Desktop Payroll is showing active when logged in online, but on my Payroll Tab in quickbooks it is showing I need to reactivate?

Anonymous
Not applicable

Employees and payroll

It's nice to see you here today, @britneyboersma,

I can share some insights about the payroll subscription alerts in QuickBooks Desktop.

Here are some scenarios to consider when you get subscription alerts:

• QuickBooks is not updated.
  • If the automatic renewal isn't successful, or the credit card or bank account on file is outdated.
  • Intuit is having trouble getting authorization with your payroll billing information.
  • You're using an incorrect Payroll tax table version.

To get past this, let's verify the status of your payroll subscription by logging into your Payroll account. Here's how:

1. Click the Employees tab.
  2. Select My Payroll Service from the drop-down.
  3. Choose Account/Billing Information.
  4. Sign in to your Intuit account.
  5. In the Service Information section, verify if the Service Status says Active.

If not, make necessary actions on the QuickBooks Payroll Account Maintenance page. Take a look at this article to know more about the Payroll subscription alerts and how to fix them: Update or Renew Your Subscription

Once done, close the page then run a payroll update to refresh your payroll settings. Follow the steps below:

1. Go to the Employees menu.
  2. Choose Get Payroll Updates.
  3. Mark the Download Entire Update checkbox
  4. Select Download Latest Update.
  5. A window appears when the download is complete.

You can also verify the status of your payroll subscription through these steps:

1. Go to the Employees tab.
  2. Choose My Payroll Service.
  3. Select Manage Service Key.
  4. In the Status column, verify if it says Active.
  5. You can also view your subscription status by pressing Ctrl + K on your keyboard.
  6. If the status says Active, click the Edit button.
  7. Click Next.
  8. Uncheck the Open Payroll Setup - I want to start right tick box.
  9. Click Finish.

Once done, try checking if you still have the alert on the QuickBooks Home page.

Please let me know how it goes. I'll be around if you need further assistance. Have a great day!

JasperContracting
Level 3

Employees and payroll

We are having the same exact issue.  Once we finally found a way to update our credit card in the billing portion, our subscription status online, and also through checking the methods you said above, all say active.  But when I check the payroll tab, it still says activate subscription and won't calculate taxes.  Please... I need help urgently.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Employees and payroll

We'll have it resolved in no time, JasperContracting.

When payroll taxes aren't calculating after running through the steps provided by Jen_D, let's do revert paycheck. This process clears the payroll data you've entered prior to getting the tax table updates, and resolves this issue. Here's how to do it:

1. From the Payroll Center.
  2. Click Resume Scheduled Payroll or Pay Employees.
  3. Right click employee's name that's highlighted in yellow, then click Revert Paycheck

Once done, run the payroll again. 

If you come up with any questions, post them here. We'll be happy to help. 

crfred
Level 1

Employees and payroll

I"m having the same problem and this did not work for me.

Service is active, card was billed, but it keeps saying reactivate in my payroll center.

MaryLurleenM

Employees and payroll

Hello there, crfred,

It seems that you're getting the same problem after following the recommended steps, I recommend getting in touch with our Payroll Care Team. They will be able to check your account to see what's causing the error.

Here's how:

1. Click Help on the menu.
  2. Select QuickBooks Desktop Help.
  3. Hit the Contact us icon on the pop-up window.

Please note that there might be a high volume of calls due to tax season. Our support team is available from Monday-Friday 6:00 AM-6:00 PM PST and 6:00 AM-3:00 PM Saturday.

Please don't hesitate to post in the Community if you have other concerns.

sescarpa
Level 2

Employees and payroll

I'm having the same issue. (I work in 3 different offices, and all three have had similar issue this year. This is getting really tiresome.) Today, I am unable to get it resolved

Catherine_B
QuickBooks Team

Employees and payroll

The reactivate subscription alert issue is currently being worked on by our engineers, sescarpa. 

For us to keep you updated with the resolution, I suggest reaching out to our Payroll Support Team. Notifications will be sent via email. Please follow the steps given by MaryLurleenM on how to get in touch us.

If we still can run payroll tough the alert is showing we can continue doing so. We can also check our payroll reports to see if taxes are being calculated correctly. The Payroll Summary Report shows the amounts we paid to each employee with their withholdings, employer expenses and contributions. 

Let me show you how:

1. Go to the Reports menu.
  2. Choose Employees & Payroll.
  3. Select Payroll Summary.
  4. Customize the report period. 

Feel free to get back to me if you need anything else. Thanks for your patience. 

dstrukoff
Level 1

Employees and payroll

I need to reactive my subscription. How do I provide information?

katherinejoyceO
QuickBooks Team

Employees and payroll

Hi there, @dstrukoff.

Thanks for following this thread. I'm here to help ensure your payroll subscription is reactivated. 

First off, let's update your QuickBooks Desktop to force the system to get updates. Once done, close QuickBooks completely, then re-open. 

Then, follow the steps below: 

1. Go to Payroll Center, then click the Payroll tab.
  2. Click Start Unscheduled Payroll, then click Validate Subscription.
  3. Click the Manage Account link.

This will re-sync your account subscription if everything on your account shows active.

Here's an article for additional insights: Enter Your Payroll Service or Disk Delivery Key.

For future reference, read through this article to get more ideas in managing your next payroll tasks: Employees and Payroll Taxes.

I'm always here if you have additional concerns about reactivating your payroll subscription. Take care!